NZ and CoVid19...

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by glitch_oz, Mar 13, 2020.

1. MrKiwi

MrKiwi Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I'm thinking of doing the same even though I work in Wellington and most of my work meetings are in Auckland. The Auckland meetings occur in a bunch over several days so driving up and back and having my own wheels in Auckland is an option. It is about the same price wise, just lose a a bit of time each each.
  2. oldbeer

oldbeer Grandadventurer

Oddometer:
    Hmm, this thread is gonna be redundant soon, hopefully. Conscious I have a couple of guitar builds to close out. Still waiting for final finish and last bit of assembly on the classical and just a set up away from the electric being finished. Will get some pics and even a vid or two if I can, when they're done.
    dazzadm, Night Falcon, Muzz67 and 2 others like this.
  3. Box'a'bits

Box'a'bits In need of repair Supporter

Oddometer:
    Given the change to Level 1, we have been told to go back into the office at least 2 days a week, but can continue to work 3 days at home. This will be reviewed in 3 months. So, so much for not needing to go to the office until 2021 :patch.

Actually some social contact with my work colleagues will be welcome, & I guess the Cafe's will like more people coming into town.

Not looking forward to the commute so much...But I haven't seen what the traffic volumes have been like yet. It'd be great if it was somewhat lower than pre COVID.
    MrKiwi and Night Falcon like this.
  4. EVLED

EVLED Bike riding nutter!

Oddometer:
    We're back but keeping the temperature checks for a month or so and still going to have sanitizer everywhere and some travel restrictions.

It has been good to be back in the office even if we're still doing too many online meetings...
    Night Falcon likes this.
  5. EGR

EGR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorta follow NZ from a 13,200 km great circle perspective. Kin in Wellington. IMO when the awards go out for intelligent recent national behavior I’m voting NZ for top box. And, for the second heat, the economy, perfect position for hole shot. Well done.
    Watercat, Kiwi Mo, KiwiPewe and 4 others like this.
  6. MrKiwi

Oddometer:
    Yet we grumble, hard to remember that so many are doing it far far worse than us.
    KiwiPewe, dazzadm and Night Falcon like this.
  7. EGR

EGR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Absurdly far worse than NZ
  8. steam powered

steam powered just a regular punk

Oddometer:
    A 60 minute news broadcast catering to a 90 second attention span needs a lot of grumbles.
  9. wairau

wairau get in behind!

Oddometer:
    well said.
  10. Kiwi Mo

Kiwi Mo Long timer

Oddometer:
    TV1 News. Take out the adds and the coming up next slots eats considerably into the 1hr time slot.
    Watching it less and less these days. Seven Sharp, I suppose it is a must view to some.

On the up-side of 60 now and while I seem to be more tolerant of some things I find its just better walk away from some other things.
    FWIW. Last year one of my riding mates presented me with a cloth patch during a lunch stop somewhere.
    Grumpy Old Biker Bastard. Probably very true, haha.

Unlike some we here in NZ ( well almost all of us ) actually participated, unselfishly hard out for 6 weeks or so.
    Actually did the hard yards.
    Put the good of the whole country before our personal desires.
    Demonstrated self discipline if you want.

Didn't cheat, fudge it or say well it doesn't really apply to me.
    Didn't do it 1/2 arsed, or congratulate ourselves on a job well done while the new case numbers head for the stratosphere.

Check this out. https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

or this https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?utm_campaign=homeAdUOA?#countries

Screenshot_2020-06-29 Coronavirus COVID-19 (2019-nCoV).png
  11. Muzz67

Muzz67 Unadventurous

Oddometer:
    Used to watch TV3 news till covid hit. Got fed up with so much negativity,
    The chick with receding hairline bangin on and on about trivial shyte
    and Micheal Mora whinging about facemask supplies for 20minutes every friggen night. Bugger that.
    At least TV1 has a more upbeat outlook.
  12. Oscar

Oscar Acerbic Prick Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't watch either TV1 or TV3.
    The half hour program on Prime is good if I'm in early enough.
    And I certainly don't watch the twats on "The Project" or the TV1 equivalent.
    What low IQ drivel....
    EVLED likes this.
  13. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:
    I started watching the news during covid19, but now realise why I stopped years ago.
    KiwiPewe and Harvey Krumpet like this.
  14. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    We didn't have a TV for decades, until we got one given to us. I used to watch the news....because I wanted to watch the weather, something you need to do if you commute on 2 wheels. Now we don't watch any television, just stream stuff, certainly not the news. News online, and I don't read opinion pieces, only the facts please. Met Service and Weatherwatch apps give me weather specific to my area...I can decide what gear I need for the day, or if I'm taking the car. Glad to be away from media manipulation again....you do get sucked in.
  15. oldbeer

oldbeer Grandadventurer

Oddometer:
    +1
    But how to decide whether what you're reading is fact?? So much stuff i see on news sites is clearly written but people with an agenda and fed to the overworked underpaid journos who often just flick it on as filler content.

The days when you could rely on a newspaper to be unbiased are long long gone. And up yours Rupert Murdoch and your ilk.

I've just signed up to support Stuff as its now owned by its inmates or will be. An independent voice at last?
  16. oldbeer

oldbeer Grandadventurer

Oddometer:
    Ps... www.metvuw.com. You'll never need another weather site. And its kiwi.
    dazzadm likes this.
  17. EVLED

EVLED Bike riding nutter!

Oddometer:
    I just trust Facebook...
  18. MrKiwi

Oddometer:
    Ha ha ha.
  19. Muzz67

Muzz67 Unadventurous

Oddometer:
    Sorted.....
    EVLED likes this.
  20. Takataka

Takataka Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It must be good cos every belief that anyone has ever had can be verified on there.
    Pretty impressive.
    innathyzit and EVLED like this.