NZ's East Cape - 3 day get away

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by acertainalias, Feb 19, 2017.

1. oldbeer

oldbeer Grandadventurer

Oddometer:
    Nice report, enjoyed the pictures.

Very timely....have just booked some accommodation on the cape for the beginning of March. It'll be the first time round for me but going to take two days to do it so I do some exploring. We'll be two up this time but would like to come back down on the drz250 and do some of the tracks.

And if you do decide to come north, then lots of great back road riding as glitch says, around the Kaipara that will get your rally raiding. The longer you take, the more you can stay off the main roads which are often busy.
  2. acertainalias

acertainalias Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yup - having just done it in one day, I felt that two or even three would have been ideal. Slow the pace a little and explore the things you notice while you're there. My plan was just to get round!
  3. acertainalias

acertainalias Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Give me a yell. I'm in Russell, and depending on when, you mightn't even need to pitch your tent on the lawn.

Nothing really much like the Motu road up here. My BMW Mystic misses it...[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the offer PJay - I may just do that. I stayed in Paihia for 5 days in the July 2014 winter storm week, but did get over to Russell on the Monday before the ferry stopped sailing. It was definitely on my list of places to return to on the bike.
  4. Shaggie

Shaggie Unseen University Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nicely done Acertainalias :deal
    acertainalias likes this.
  5. young1

young1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great report thank you.

You need to come to Taranaki at some stage
    acertainalias and glitch_oz like this.