O-Ring chains on trials bikes.

Discussion in 'Trials' started by charlie chitlins, May 20, 2020.

1. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    So how is Tucker Ranch?
  2. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
    How the hell would I know? :bluduh
  3. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey, I`m on a mission myself. Sunday I get to go to the closed Lake and change the oil on two Seadoo`s to make my wife happy. At least my day today was VERY productive trials wise.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  4. trials935

trials935 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not my photo or bike. This is a pic from Sugar Grove , Ohio, where we used to have several trials a year, several years ago. Mud is worse in Ky. Different things work in different parts of the country. Remind me again why I need to worry about a heavier chain, or can't back up because of too much friction. :lol3

Attached Files:

Junglejeff1, Cascao and Huzband like this.
  5. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    He we go again. If he had real bars, (not ape hangers) he could wheelie over the mud. Or at least wheelie enough to knock off the mud later on. :imaposer:jack:clap:photog:lol3:lol2
    You guys got any other TALL Tales!
    trials935 likes this.
  6. trials935

Oddometer:
    Just yankin your.........chain. :photog
    Huzband, jonnyc21 and Yinzer Moto like this.
  7. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    I`ve only ridden once in Ohio. I remember it being a little slick, but not bad. Remember the day before I rode Cayuta, NY. That was the nationals back in 1975. :imaposer The funny part I was born in Bowling Green.
  8. trials935

Oddometer:
    I rode those nationals also, Ohio, New York, Pennsylvania, 3 days in a row. New York was very muddy, if I remember correctly. Edit, that was in the 80's. I also rode the Layland, Ohio national in '75, my first one. 15 years old. Most everyone had a pickup, van, or car pulling a trailer. Team Honda- Marland Whaley showed up with two semi's.
    Brewtus likes this.
  9. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    YEAH, Cayuta was my first the day before. And I was dumb enough to ride a free TL250. SPONSORED by the local shop, all of us top riders in our club was riding jap bikes that year. I was also 15.
    Brewtus likes this.
  10. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    I dnfed Cayuta on time due to a triple continuous section. Ohio I was sick all day but finished. AS soon as I found the out house I was fine. Turned out the all night road trip did me in.
  11. trials935

Oddometer:
    I still have the blue scoring booklet they handed out in my basement, I'll have to dig it out and see if I wrote your score down. I was on a ty250, with a black tank. Was also sponsored by our local Yamaha shop. So we rode the same event 45 years ago, your old!
  12. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    And the same age!! Well atl east you were riding a Jap bike too. I was an Ossa rider, and the TL was so heavy. So how many years did you ride Nationals? 2002 was my last full year as I had another ACL surgery. The only place that I rode well east of the Mississippi was TTC.
    Brewtus likes this.
  13. trials935

Oddometer:
    I rode the nationals in the 70's, 80's, 90's till probably 2008. Never rode the full series, just the ones closest to Ohio.
    Rode enough in '89, to make # 4 sportsman that year. Had to quit the nationals cause I opened my own business in 2000, was afraid of getting hurt badly, and taking off for a week or 2 wasn't feasible . Charley at TTC is my brother in law. Met my wife at the world round in '89 in Tennessee.
    Brewtus and lineaway like this.
  14. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    I quit working in 1990 just so I could ride more trials. Became a full time trials dealer in 1993. So riding was my job. In 2002 I rode Expert Sportsman and kinda sucked, but was riding really good for me till I had to have surgery. I have been hit and miss since then! Now I work too much and dream of riding more, but my body says nooo!
  15. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah I rode almost everything I could in the 90`s. Finally won sr35 in `99. I won a few sr nationals since then. But I would win one day and the next day be mid pack.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  16. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    Trials in NZ is all about mud, we ride in mud even in summer. I still wouldn't bother with an O ring chain.
  17. broncobowsher

broncobowsher Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is it OK to clean my chain with WD-40? Will it hurt anything?
  18. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    YES, and no it won't hurt it. But I sure liked the guy soaking his chain all the time!