Observations on 31,000k through Bolivia, Chile and Argentina on a Tornado XR250

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by RageAgainstTheFence, May 18, 2015.

1. RageAgainstTheFence

RageAgainstTheFence Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Wayne! I'm back in Chile now and will be setting off for Peru shortly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. walkaboutboertjie

walkaboutboertjie n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Rage

WOW, what amazing photos and experiences, really has been keeping me captivated! And actually my first post year since signing up a year ago. Basically been dreaming of getting my first proper bike for so long now, and might (FINALLY) pull the trigger on a XR 250 (Tornado) - they were also marketed here in South Africa.

I had my mind made up for a 2009 with 16 000 km on the clock (no service history mind you - but the last owner seems to have had a serious fall and decided to part ways); but then the dealership got a 2010 model in yesterday with 36 000 km on the clock at the same price, but WITH service history! And now I am so confused; go for lower mileage but NO service history, or double the mileage but WITH service history?!?

I am leaning towards the 16 000 km one as I can resell it again at 30 000 odd km at possibly the same price again. Writing this out has been a good thing, but any input will be appreciated.

Enjoy the trip and safe travels!