Oceanside to Lakeside

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Fred Oliff, May 28, 2021.

1. Fred Oliff

Fred Oliff Adventurer

Oddometer:
    3500 miles on a 2000 Ducati ST4 from Oceanside, California (Pacific Ocean) to Hamilton, Ontario (Lake Ontario).
    WileyRTW and roadcapDen like this.
  2. roadcapDen

roadcapDen Ass, Grass or Gas, no free rides.

Oddometer:
    Cool, I'm in Burlington ON.
    Fred Oliff likes this.
  3. WileyRTW

WileyRTW Wiley

Oddometer:
    Lol not gonna lie I thought this fool wanted info getting to Lakeside Ca, a mere 45 min from Oceanside....as usual, it is I who am the fool.

:thumbup
    Fred Oliff likes this.
  4. Fred Oliff

Fred Oliff Adventurer

Oddometer:
    maybe it ought to have read 'Oceanside to lakeside'...or 'Coast to Coast', again.
  5. WileyRTW

WileyRTW Wiley

Oddometer:
    No way it is only cause I live out here, the title is good. What is your general planned route?
  6. Fred Oliff

Fred Oliff Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Lucky you to live out there! I did not know there was a Lakeside, but why wouldn't there be, after all?
    As for planned routes, I changed it (I am home now). Weather forced me to ride north of my planned route via back roads thru Lake of the Ozarks.
    I rode from Oceanside on 15 to Victorville then 66 to Barstow (fuel stop), 66 to Amboy and back to 40 to Topock, AZ for fuel and 66 up to Oatman. I then did the 'Mojave Rattlensnake' and overnighted in Flagstaff. The next morning I noticed my clutch was not working and after some 'adventures' got it repaired at Mike's Bikes on Route 66 in Flagstaff. More to follow with pictures, now that I know how to do it (not mobile-friendly).
    WileyRTW likes this.