Oct. 25th new BMW F650GS and F800GS Meet and Greet

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by skyfish, Oct 14, 2008.

1. skyfish

skyfish Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Attention all new or soon to be owners F800GS and F650GS owners in Oregon! Let's meet and swap stories, and let potential owners look at our bikes. PM me with a weekend which works best for you, and we will converge on a central public place where everyone can see your bike. Be prepared to answer a lot of questions about you bike, I know these bikes are very new, but you'll be amazed at how quickly the new owners are finding the tweaks for their new bikes. Plus, you get to see what your new bike will look like when it arrives.

I'd like to meet at the McMenamins Cornelus Pass Roadhouse, http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=13 , October 25th at 1:00pm, and if the group wants to do a ride, I'll take you through a terrifc loop through Vernonia, Jewell and Mist, (possible sighting of a huge Elk herd).

Come rain or shine, I will ride... Hope to see you all there.

Dave Murray, (skyfish on ADVrider)
  2. MoToad

MoToad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn I hate this, fish. Again, and yet again I am missing a good event. I am definately coming by your neck of the woods on my way south when I get my bike but, alas, that aint till the first week of Nov. I'll probably check out that good lookin road house anyhoo.
    Toad.
  3. Bobo1167

Bobo1167 On a different frequency

Oddometer:
    Dave, we can keep trying....

I'll be busy doing some serious shopping for paint:rofl

bobo
  4. TreeFarmer

TreeFarmer Tree Farmer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don’t have too many opportunities to break away and the timing of this just seemed to come together like mac & cheese for me. Plus I could meet a couple of other inmates who share the same ride. I should have known better. I never confirmed with the party organizer that the gig was still on. Nor did I remember to take a phone number with me…. Alas I was not too surprised when I showed up and no one was there. I went in and ordered myself a root beer (call me a wuss, but I just don’t like to drink & drive on the moto, especially a new one). After chilling by the cozy outdoor fire pit for ½ an hour, I decided I was an idiot (see above) and was going to have a nice little ride myself.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  5. TreeFarmer

Oddometer:
    I was hoping to meet up with Skyfish & Dr. Zias, But alas, here is my lonly bike in the parking lot.
  6. TreeFarmer

Oddometer:
    So off I went to explore on my own. I needed to be home by 4:00 anyway so I was not without time constraints. Hagg Lake, checked with the bike & she was up for it, so off we went. It was a beautiful day and I thought a little picture in the Oregon wine country might be nice.
  7. TreeFarmer

Oddometer:
    Took the non 47 route up to the lake. Stopped for a little photo op and then around the lake. :evil There are some nice twisty roads around the lake. I was quite a ways from home and it was already nearing 3:00 so it was time to start making my way back, although via points further south. Kept running Hwy 47 south to Yamhill then another backroad to Newberg (also highly reckomended) and then 99 back into the big city. All in All a good day and a great time out on the new ride. Just over 100 miles in total and a nice break from my daily routine. Probably my last real oppurtunity to get any significant miles on until after Christmas now. Thanks for the excuse to get out guys, sorry we did not meet up as this thread had originally intended. Catch ya later.