October 14-16 Razorback Riders Present The 2nd Annual Rally @ the Rock in Combs, AR

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by kendall_smith, Mar 10, 2016.

1. kendall_smith

kendall_smith Motion-Activated

Oddometer:
    It looks like spring is in full swing and hopefully everyone is making their riding plans for the months to come! In the spirit of that idea, the Razorback Riders would like to let everyone know that we will be holding our 2nd Annual "Rally @ the Rock" at our club campground in the Ozark National Forest on October 14-16, 2016. For those of you that attended last year's inaugural rally you already know what our club and our area have to offer motorcycle riders of all types.

Last year's rally was a great time for all in attendance and we want to make this year's version even better. The rally will be very similar to last year's format, but we will use some of the feedback from our participants to make the 2nd annual even better. We will still have everything from last year's rally- Razorback Rider-led rides on trails and roads, .gpx routes, etc.

A lot of the details have yet to be determined, but I will update this thread as soon as we get them hammered out in the weeks to come.

For anyone interested in last year's rally that wasn't there, here is a link to that thread- http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...s-present-rally-the-rock-in-combs-ar.1080048/

Post-event ride reports here: http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/rally-the-rock-post-event-ride-reports.1099394/

Mark your calendars and we hope to see a bunch of you in September!

BigDeal and bamamate like this.
  2. DrLewall

DrLewall Master of bating

Oddometer:
    :hmmmmm
  3. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    For the most part, the rally will be similar to last year's event in that we will have camping, led rides, catered meals, prize giveaways, etc, etc. We also discussed different levels of pricing for different levels of participation and it appears that we will move forward with that idea. One of the biggest types of feedback we got from last year's participants was that the registration fee was too expensive for those of you not taking advantage of the camping, so we are looking to fix that for this year's event. Everyone will pay $50 for the actual participation in the rally which includes tent camping. For those that want to take advantage of our facility's RV accommodations (electric/water hookup, dump station), there will be a $25 per night fee for that. Both levels of participation will include the Friday night Subway meal, Saturday night catered meal, prize giveaways, led rides, .gpx files, etc.- the only difference will be the camping fee.

So mark your calendars and we'll see you guys at White Rock in October!
    BigDeal likes this.
  4. bamamate

bamamate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds good. I hope to be back......and hope to not injure myself this year.
    BigDeal likes this.
  5. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    No problem there. My wife broke her leg at the SLAP Rally so she could remove the bad mojo from the area for all other riders, so you will be good to go at the Rally @ the Rock! :lol3
  6. gsweave

gsweave Yinz, blinkers are on, JACKWAD! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    :hmmmmm
  7. Z50Started-it

Z50Started-it Mini Trail Supporter

Oddometer:
    Normally I avoid NWA during BB&BBQ, my mother in law wants me to give her a ride down Dixon Street - not my style of fun.

But this sounds like a great alternative. Out in the woods away from the fray, but close enough if you want to ride over and catch a demo ride.
    BigDeal likes this.
  8. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    We have moved the date back to the originally planned on October 14-16 date. See the latest post in this thread for an explanation.
  9. SirWinston119

SirWinston119 #rainbowdash119 #notgay #mylittlepony

Oddometer:
    I'm down but accommodations wasn't the problem. How much for tent only and no meals at all? I know preparing an event like this is difficult so an answer isnt necessary, but $80 for me to sleep on the ground last time wasn't do-able...
  10. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    Hey Winston,

We won't have a separate price for no meals, meaning that meals will be included with participation regardless.

The pricing structure for this year's event will be a $50 entry fee for all participants that includes dinner for Friday and Saturday night, participation in all Rally @ the Rock events (led rides, prize giveaways, etc.) and tent camping. For those participants that want to use our RV camping amenities (electrical hook ups, water, dump station) there will be a separate fee of $25 per night.

I'm hoping to be able to provide a link to the pre-registration website shortly. One of our club members is working on it and there were a few small bugs to work out before we could go live with it, so that should be happening shortly.
    SirWinston119 and RGoree like this.
  11. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    We're up and running!

http://razorbackriders.org/Pre-entryDualSport/index.php

Click on the link above to get to the Rally @ the Rock preregistration site.

Preregistration will be $50 for everyone attending the rally, which will include participation in all events as well as Friday night Subway dinner and Saturday night cookout dinner as well as tent camping. Everyone that is attending the rally will need to at least be registered at this minimum level. All attendees will have the option to buy a t-shirt on the pre-registration site and there won't be any guarantee that there will be enough leftovers for people that want to buy one that they didn't reserve. Last year's shirts were a last minute deal (we had several different people that volunteered to take care of them and they all thought someone else had done it, so it came down to an 11th hour rush). My wife and a couple of other wives have volunteered this year and they are promising that this year's shirt will be MUCH better! :D

As for the RV camping fees, those will be $25 per night and will include electrical hook-up, water hook-up, and access to our facility's dump station. This fee will be per RV, so hypothetically ONE RV that is being shared by multiple people (spouses, riding buddies, etc.) will only need to pay the $25 per night, NOT $25 per person per night. Hopefully that makes sense!

Other than that, I'm open to answer any of your questions, concerns, etc. so let me know if you have any of those. Otherwise, get registered up and we'll see you in October!
    JonO and BigDeal like this.
  12. RGoree

RGoree RG Supporter

Oddometer:
    In and paid. The price really is a bargain.
    Thanks for putting this on...
    BigDeal and kendall_smith like this.
  13. bamamate

bamamate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I liked last year's shirt....except the color. Clashes with my other red shirts. Should be more of a crimson red.
  14. RGoree

RGoree RG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh, I thought you would like that Bulldog red
  15. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    If you are tent camping and need to charge a cell phone or other device there are plenty of outlets in the clubhouse you may use.
  16. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    Really? I'm glad you liked it but this year we hope to have a much more detailed and nicer shirt.
    kendall_smith likes this.
  17. Cloudryder

Cloudryder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Curious what size bike everyone will be riding? Trying to decide what bike to bring. 990 or 650.
  18. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    Bring 'em all! We have riding for every kind of bike around here from trials to street riding and everything in between.
    BigDeal likes this.
  19. RGoree

RGoree RG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Go BIG baby!!!!
  20. Grizzlee69

Grizzlee69 Grizz

Oddometer:
    Hey all... hope to be able to attend.. Will be my first time. If I am able to, I will also Go Big!! Look for the BigBird GSA. RG, I will look for you to help me pick the beast up, if i should fall....
    RGoree and Cloudryder like this.