October 14-16 Razorback Riders Present The 2nd Annual Rally @ the Rock in Combs, AR

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by kendall_smith, Mar 10, 2016.

1. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    Last year some of the feedback we got was a couple of the tracks we laid out as "medium bike" were too gnarly. We had laid out one track labeled "big bike route" that was big bike friendly and a lot of fun for the medium bikes too. This year we'll have more of that as well as the more gnarly stuff too. I am looking forward to getting out next week and getting a new track or two put together.
    kendall_smith and RGoree like this.
  2. Dao1

Dao1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If I bring my MX smoker, will I need to carry extra fuel, or do we ride back to camp for lunch/refuel and then head on out again? how many miles is the offroad loop?
    wayno likes this.
  3. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    kendall_smith and RGoree like this.
  4. EnduroRdr

EnduroRdr Woods Racer & D/S Rider

Oddometer:
    Formerly BR-LA, LR-AR, Houston-Tx, now South MS
    Don't do FB, so if anything important gets posted there someone please copy over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BigDeal likes this.
  5. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    Last year we emailed everyone that was registered the tracks and other important details as they worked out or changed. I expect less to change this time since it is our second time and I think we have most things worked out.
  6. kendall_smith

kendall_smith Motion-Activated

Oddometer:
    If you are on a purely off-road only motorcycle, you'll want to stay within the trails in the Mill Creek OHV system that borders our club campground. Fuel should not be an issue as the entire Blue Loop is only 30-something miles and makes a big loop that will bring you back to camp. As for the rides that we will be putting out as .gpx tracks for the rally, you will want to ride them on a street-legal motorcycle since they will use public roads including paved highways and forest service roads.

I hope that answers your questions, but if not feel free to ask anything else that comes to mind.
  7. kendall_smith

Oddometer:

Nothing to worry about here. The FB page is new for this year and should help us reach more riders that may not be on ADV, but this thread will have any and all information that you guys will need to know.

We will still be using email to send out the .gpx tracks as Rob mentioned, so make sure you are registering with an email address that you want those sent to.
    BigDeal likes this.
  8. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't see anything about where to send a check. ???
  9. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    after you fill out the info page it will ask you to confirm your info then take you to a payment page with the option for credit or debit card. If you don't have that payment option and want to mail us a check email [email protected] for info on that. He is our treasurer. If by some chance you don't get a response PM me or Kendall. John is out of town right now so please give him a couple days to respond.
  10. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    Rob and I had a big day of planning the Rally @ the Rock big bike east track today. It was a great day for riding other than the thunderstorms that we rode right through the middle of, although it was nice to actually be cold in July in Arkansas! The track is going to be a great "sampler" of what the area has to offer for those of you who choose to run it. It consists mostly of mellow gravel roads with plenty of good scenery. If you're hungry you're in luck since this track will run you by the Oark General Store, Catalpa Cafe, and the Low Gap Cafe so there is no shortage of food availability!

[​IMG]

Click the picture for a link to the gallery.
    cateyetech, RGoree and BigDeal like this.
  11. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    we saw a ton of wildlife today lots of Deer, turkey, road runners, and even a bear. I nearly ran over a guinea too.
  12. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    DATE UPDATE- We're moving the 2nd Annual Rally @ the Rock back to the original date of October 14-16.

Due to several factors, the Razorback Riders have decided to move the date for the rally back to the originally scheduled October 14-16 weekend. We originally moved the date to September in order to coincide with the Bikes, Blues, and BBQ event that takes place in the area that weekend, but the agreement between the club and the BB&BBQ event never materialized. Also, the October weekend should be much better weather-wise and there may even be a possibility that the fall colors could be starting.

For anyone that has pre-registered, please keep an eye on your email account as John Brunsgard should be contacting you with an offer for a full refund if the date change will not work for you.

All other aspects of the rally will be the same as originally planned (pricing, meals, etc.) so the only thing really changing is the date.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that the October date will work
    out for everyone that was wanting to attend the rally.
  13. RGoree

RGoree RG

Oddometer:
    I am still in
  14. EnduroRdr

EnduroRdr Woods Racer & D/S Rider

Oddometer:
    Formerly BR-LA, LR-AR, Houston-Tx, now South MS
    I like it, glad it's back to original and hoping for some early color this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BigDeal likes this.
  15. Shooter1

Shooter1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Gents, myself and 2 others, (maybe 4 others) are planning to do this ride for the first time. We can camp but I thought I saw a mention somewhere of cabins available to rent, is that correct? If so does anyone have contact data and how far are they from the campsite. Thanks all.
  16. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    The nearest cabins in the area are over at Mulberry Mountain on the Pig Trail. They aren't too far away from the campground. If you ride over on Fly Gap Rd. (which keeps getting gnarlier and gnarlier) you'd only be 20 or so miles away. You could also run up highway 23 and over on highway 16, which would put you at a few more miles but it would be all pavement. If you wanted to use gravel, you could take 23 south to Cass and come in on Mill Creek Rd, which would be the longest way to the campground.

I noticed your post on rideforum.net and I know that Troy has a buddy that rents a cabin on the northern end of the Pig Trail which would be a bit closer than Mulberry Mountain, so I'm sure he could get the info on that cabin to you no problem.
  17. Shooter1

Shooter1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Kendall, I'll check that out. either way, we're in.

I noticed your post on rideforum.net and I know that Troy has a buddy that rents a cabin on the northern end of the Pig Trail which would be a bit closer than Mulberry Mountain, so I'm sure he could get the info on that cabin to you no problem.[/QUOTE]
    BigDeal likes this.
  18. Shooter1

Shooter1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    All, is there an address for the campground? Trying to get a visual of it on a map. Thanks.
  19. ChunkyXCracer

ChunkyXCracer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here is the camp ground that we stayed at last year. Amazing group of guys and event.

Attached Files:

BigDeal likes this.
  20. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure what the physical address of the campground is, but if you look on google maps there is a location called "White Rock Enduro". For reference, we are just south of the town of Combs, AR on highway 16. From Combs, take Mill Creek Rd. south of 16 and our campground is about 1.5 miles south of the highway on the east side of the road.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/W...fd6188aaec9f24!8m2!3d35.7962066!4d-93.8394491

Thanks for the picture and the endorsement!
    BigDeal likes this.