October 14-16 Razorback Riders Present The 2nd Annual Rally @ the Rock in Combs, AR

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by kendall_smith, Mar 10, 2016.

1. ChunkyXCracer

ChunkyXCracer Adventurer

Oddometer:

Kendall - after I posted it I thought well that might not be wanted and should have let one of your club members post the location. You all were great hosts for a couple of Okie NOOBs last year and showed my brother and I great time. Any one that is on the fence about going to this event....jump in because you will not regret it at all. Trying to work it out again this year.
    BigDeal and kendall_smith like this.
  2. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    Your neighbor from last year emailed in and requested a spot right next to you again...

jk
    ChunkyXCracer likes this.
  3. ChunkyXCracer

ChunkyXCracer Adventurer

Oddometer:

That would be great as well. Talk about one great evening of entertainment we had and wonder if she ever plans to come back this direction (cart wheels and all).
    BigDeal and bamamate like this.
  4. ScottyXR

ScottyXR Just a Kid Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Healing up, should be able to run a day or two by them...maybe.
    kendall_smith and BigDeal like this.
  5. jowannab

jowannab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Kendall & Big Deal..... glad for the change.. Family & all are looking forward to it...
    kendall_smith and BigDeal like this.
  6. kendall_smith

kendall_smith Motion-Activated

Oddometer:
    Quick update- we have the design finalized for the t-shirts:

razorback riders club option.png

It appears that only a handful of participants have registered at this point, but if I recall from last year a lot of people couldn't quite commit until the last minute. Hopefully that is the case again this year.

For anyone that is planning on attending, don't forget that we will be closing the preregistration option in the two weeks leading up to the rally in order to get t-shirts printed and get the meals and other plans finalized.
    ScottyXR, bamamate and BigDeal like this.
  7. ChunkyXCracer

ChunkyXCracer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Registered. Not sure what bike I will be riding yet and might just stay in the off road trials this year.
    kendall_smith likes this.
  8. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    BigDeal (Rob), Scribe (Bob), and I got out on Sunday to lay out another track for the Rally @ the Rock.

We left the RR campground and immediately picked up the Blue Loop ATV trail to make our way over to Fly Gap Rd. to head over to the east. The trails were super greasy and slick from the rain and humidity. Rob was leading and made a mistake about halfway up a pretty long climb. Luckily, his mistake made him veer off to his left and I was able to squeeze past him on the right and finish out the hill climb. As usual, the picture doesn't show how steep the hill is, but here it is anyway:

[​IMG]

From there we made our way over to the east and picked our way to Beech Grove Rd. to see how it was doing. I was pleasantly surprised that they limited their road construction to the very southern end of the road, but left the rest of it alone. The mud holes seem to keep getting bigger, but it appears that most of them have a motorcycle sized go-around now, which is nice!

Here's Bob admiring some 1800's architecture along the way:

[​IMG]

Did I mention it was green out there? :lol3

[​IMG]

Here we are at an overlook where the road parallels the Ozark Highlands Trail. The view isn't that great in the picture since the trees are so thick, but it is better in person.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At this point, we decided to make it over to Catalpa to get some food. Unfortunately, there was a massive downpour between there and where we were, so we got really wet! By the time we pulled into Catalpa I couldn't have gotten any wetter by jumping in a creek. The brisket sandwich made everything better though and the rain cleared up while we were eating, so it all worked out pretty well in the end.

[​IMG]

From there, we decided to take some easier smooth gravel back to camp. The track out had several gnarlier "trails" and roads, so it will be a nice option for people to run harder stuff one way and easier stuff to get back, or vice-versa.
  9. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    Kendall, I was hoping to attend this year. Our group stayed at Mulberry last year due to our large numbers and the expense. One question, is a truck and enclosed trailer considered a tent spot? We don't need hook ups .
    Thanks
    BigDeal likes this.
  10. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    That should count as a tent spot if you're not using the RV hookups. We have a ton of space at our facility, so there shouldn't be any problem if you guys have a large group again this year. We hope to see you there!
    BigDeal likes this.
  11. smitty141

smitty141 Only Pussy's die of natural causes.

Oddometer:
    I'm in... Should I bring the 690?? Or the plated 300 2 smoke??

Smitty
  12. SirWinston119

SirWinston119 #rainbowdash119 #notgay #mylittlepony

Oddometer:
    I'm planning the 501. Area is good for both. 690 is awesome unless you go off the beaten path. Im gonna take the little bike and team up with little rip shitters.

-Sir Winston
  13. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    Scribe rode his 690 on that ride report Kendal just posted.
  14. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    Good, thanks. Small group this time 2-4 riders, 1 pickup truck, 1 enclosed trailer. We will be on 250x's looking to hit some gnar mixed with some sight seeing two track/ roads. Looking to have locals guide us to some stuff we have not seen yet. Do you think we can fall in with you ? Have plated bikes maybe make our way over to Catalpa café or that BBQ place near the RR club land.
  15. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    Sounds good! You're more than welcome to ride with me if I end up making the rally- I had made plans for the October weekend when I thought we were moving it to September, so I kind of double booked myself when the rally moved back to the October weekend. If I'm not there, there should be some other locals that can guide you though.

On a side note, the BBQ place in St. Paul is still closed down due to the owner's wife battling breast cancer. It would be awesome if they are back open in time for the rally, but I would plan on them still being closed based on how long they've been down.
  16. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    Bring 'em both!
    smitty141 and BigDeal like this.
  17. smitty141

smitty141 Only Pussy's die of natural causes.

Oddometer:
    I may just do that!!

Smitty
    BigDeal likes this.
  18. OklahomaRider

OklahomaRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will there be a shower house again? That was a nice thing last year.
  19. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    Definitely! It actually became a permanent structure when the club did our renovations to the clubhouse since last year.
  20. OklahomaRider

OklahomaRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Outstanding! Either way, I was already registering. I'm in!
    BigDeal and kendall_smith like this.