October 14-16 Razorback Riders Present The 2nd Annual Rally @ the Rock in Combs, AR

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by kendall_smith, Mar 10, 2016.

1. hondamxracer

hondamxracer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just registered! I'm looking forward to riding in Arkansas again this year .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BigDeal and OklahomaRider like this.
  2. WaterRover

WaterRover Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone riding out of Tulsa for the Event?
  3. OklahomaRider

OklahomaRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Which way are you going? I'm just south of Miami, maybe we will cross paths.
  4. zodi

zodi Turned it off, then on again.

Oddometer:
    Registered and paid. Will probably do the Big Bike stuff on my DR.
    BigDeal likes this.
  5. WaterRover

WaterRover Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am not sure yet looking at routes for the GPS
  6. kendall_smith

kendall_smith Motion-Activated

Oddometer:
    We have a flyer for this year's event as of yesterday, so feel free to pass it around either online or by going old school and printing it and hanging it up at your favorite shop, grocery store, emergency waiting room, bar, etc. :lol3

Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 10.33.52 PM.png
  7. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    the stickers came in.

Attached Files:

OklahomaRider likes this.
  8. jefmad

jefmad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wasn't sure I could make it but worked it out. Really looking forward to this event this year.
    Thanks to all of the Razorback riders for hosting this again.
    BigDeal likes this.
  9. ws76133

ws76133 n00b

Oddometer:
    OK, dumb question: Is the event primarily off-road riding, or will there be rides on local paved roads? Neither of my old Beemers do well on dirt.
  10. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    we have not put together any rides only on paved roads. To get to our camp you have to ride/drive about a mile of very easy gravel. I did put together one track that is very easy dirt roads and quite a bit of paved roads that i did on my V strom 1000 on street tires but that is one that will probably not be guided. I ride street and so did Kendall for years (before he recently sold his street bike). We can easily point you to the best roads on a map if you want to ride street. Or buy the butler motorcycle map, it is good for AR. I doubt there will be many other riders looking for street riding but if you are coming down with a friend and want to ride from our camp there are lots of great hwys. Street riding is not the focus of the rally though.
    kendall_smith likes this.
  11. Nikoutdoor

Nikoutdoor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am in and paid. I will be heading down there on Wednesday. I am dry camping with an 16' enclosed trailer. Well I be able to set up at the campground then and well the additional two nights cost extra?
  12. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    If you are not hooked up to electric or water or using our dump station there is no charge for camping and we'll treat you just like you are in a tent. If you are using those camper amenities then it is $25 a night.

I don't think anyone will be down there Wed to open up the camp. I am heading out there Thursday morning as are a few other club members. The actual event is Friday-Sun with people rolling in on Thursday afternoon or evening if they want to but one could show up Thursday morning too.
  13. Nikoutdoor

Nikoutdoor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok. Thanks.
  14. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    Paid and In, got confirmation this morning. Looking forward to the event, myself and 3 others in my group looking to do some trail riding and try to find pie. :dukegirl
    Couple of questions though, does the RRR club have an air compressor on site available to use ? And is Kendall going to be able to make the event ?
    I remember him saying he might have a schedule conflict.
    BigDeal likes this.
  15. BigDeal

BigDeal oh yeah.

Oddometer:
    We have an air compressor for filling up tires. I was typing up a draft of the email to go out to participants and I'll be sure to add that in. IDK about Kendal and I'm not sure if he does yet either. Several of the tracks lead to pie.
  16. greasespot

greasespot Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey, how do I find out if I paid? Signed up sooo long ago ...
  17. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    Sorry- I've been pretty absent from the thread and the rally planning in general lately. I'm actually leaving this Friday to ride in Moab for a week, which means that I will be back in the area just a few days before the rally is set to begin.

I'm still unsure about whether or not I will be there, but if I'm not we should have some local guides that can lead you guys around. If I am able to make it I'd be happy to show you guys some of the good stuff.

Rob has really stepped up in his role with the planning and the club is getting excited about the event. At last check we were up to 32 registered participants, so that should be a good group and there will probably be a few more stragglers that join us between now and the event. Several members have also been busy making our campground property a nicer place to hang out. The clubhouse got several upgrades in the last year, most recently a fresh interior paint job and the insulation has been fixed, so the wood stove should keep it nice and toasty in case the temperatures drop.

It's looking like the weather is going to be good too- the heat finally broke yesterday and the humidity took a nose dive as well. It was 46 degrees at my house this morning when I woke up, so fall is finally here!
    BigDeal likes this.
  18. kendall_smith

Oddometer:
    If you want to PM me or Rob your information, we can check the spreadsheet and double check for you.
    BigDeal likes this.
  19. RGoree

RGoree RG Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am going from Broken Arrow. There may be others that will travel over as well. I put together a track to get there on mostly unpaved roads. I will admit that I am not completely sure about some of the "roads" I have chosen but that is what Adventure riding is about. I will be on a 1200 GS as will one of the other possible riders, there may be one of us on an 800 as well. I have attached the track if you want to check it out.

If any of you from the area see that I made a mistake with any of my choices, please feel free to warn me. I have been known to chose some challenging tracks from the comfort of my recliner :jack.

Attached Files:

WaterRover and BigDeal like this.
  20. pprO.R.A.

pprO.R.A. Hipster Dufass

Oddometer:
    We hope to see and ride with you, if not then I am sure we will manage to find the good stuff. Very cool news about Moab, I am a Moab veteran. Where in the area are you going? If you need some advise about what to see and where to go PM me and I can point you in the right direction as I don't want to clog up this thread with that.