My battery was starting to take a bit of effort to start my bike and I've been wanting to replace the stock battery with an Odyssey PC535 for a while so I decided to do it this morning. My battery was delivered last week for about $125. First thing was to make sure it was fully charged and do a size comparison. Here's the Odyssey side-by-side with the stock Exide. Measurements are: Stock: 146mm x 85mm x 145mm Odyssey: 167mm x 90mm x 153mm The top of the Odyssey: First you need to remove the "tank" cover by removing the six (or four in my case) T25 Torx bolts which hold it on. My mess then looked like this: First thing was to remove the stock battery. There are two T30 Torx bolts on either side of the battery which hold down the plate. You can barely see one of them on the right side, the other is covered by wires. Then unhook the battery connections and remove the battery. Easy. I removed the airbox cover to get a little more room, but it's not necessary. This is what the battery compartment looks like. I test fit the battery and realized that the fins on the batery fit nicely with the fins in the battery box so the only things I had to remove were the "fins" at the front of the battery box which I circled in red below: I used a carpenters chisel. It broke one of the corners off but I really don't care. Here's what the battery tray looks like with the corner tabs removed: Just as I finished I got a flyover by these guys. This is only a few of the planes. There were probably 30 total, with a bunch of them being bi-planes. Totally cool!! With the front fins removed the battery just dropped right in. I kept the brass connecter on the positive terminal since I couldn't bend the wires the right way, but removed it from the negative terminal and connected the wires directly. I also made a strap from an offical BMW tie-down strap. (Thanks for the idea Joel!) Looks like this installed. Then I just buttoned everything back together and fired her up. The bike fired right up and seems happy as a clam. I need to have the dealer re-set the service light but everything else is good to go. It took me about an hour and a half total but most of that time was spent trying to figure out how to remove the battery tray to cut the tabs off cleanly. I gave up and went with the "bigger hammer" method instead. It should have only taken me a half hour or so.