Off-road riding instruction?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by sstodvictory, Oct 1, 2004.

1. sstodvictory

sstodvictory Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've noticed that Motocross schools are easy to find, but does anyone know of a good trail riding school in the midwest, for adults?

I'm not a beginner off road, but here's the facts: mud and deep ruts still make me nervous, deep sand makes me want to slow down and putt through, I don't have experience vaulting myself over fallen trees, and the last time I encountered a slippery root on a trail I hit the ground so fast I saw stars. I know I can improve on this. I'd like to shorten the learning curve.

Thanks.

Steve
  2. Cletus

Cletus Slack Jawed Yokel

Oddometer:
    I'm giving some thought to taking some classes through these folks:
    They not only have trials training, but they are listed as a MSF dirtbike school training center. They're located in south-central Tennessee.
  3. staples

staples Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    fall / winter / spring / summer at the farm.

That is if the plan to have 4 rides a year is still on.

This fall there were a few different groups of varying skill levels. Everything for Mutineer dropping his bike multiple times before finding the place, to the Emporer and his minions. Everybody there is willing to help and give input on all sorts of techniques and such.
  4. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ive offered before to help those new to the sand and gravel.
    We can do a day down in my neck of the woods.
    Im no Jimmy lewis but I get around ok in the sand and gravel.
    the more you ride the more proficient you will get. alittle technique will go along way.
    try to ride with people who are better than you.
    Im usually willing to help someone out if theyre not a whiner or a complete asshole.

cheers chain