"OFFICIAL" 1st Annual Southern Utah Tenere Rally 9/20-23 2016

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by lacofdfireman, Oct 14, 2015.

1. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    *******UPDATE******. Due to an unforeseen Family vacation over the same dates as this Rally there is a good possibly it will be canceled. I'd really like for someone to step up and take it over but nobody has come forward. If you would like to take it on please let me know. If I can't find someone in the next 2 weeks it will be canceled. Sorry but need to do this Family trip with my Parents and siblings. Thanks for your understanding.

*****UPDATE JUNE 21, 2016*****
    I got a call from the Zion Ponderosa Resort and they had informed me that another group was wanting to come camp at this resort the same weekend. They were wanting to make sure this was still a go. I told them it was. She asked that people start calling in and reserving a spot and putting down a deposit. She said it would be refundable up to a certain point if you had to cancel. I believe its still the same price of $11 per night. She also wanted to know if people plan on using their restaurant... So if you are planning on going please call the resort and tell them its for the Tenere Rally and get your deposit in so she doesn't give this spot to someone else. That would be a total disaster..

This is a different Rally from the Flying Monkey Rally that GeoMoto Does... Just FYI

The dates are set and the First Annual Southern Utah Tenere Rally is happening. Save the dates. This will be an Epic Rally with rides to Toroweep Grand Canyon Overlook which in my opinion is the best look of the Grand Canyon you can get. Rides to Cedar Breaks, Kolob Mountain, Zion and Bryce Canyon National Park.

This Rally is going to be geared towards the Yamaha Super Tenere but we won't keep you from coming if you ride something else. Will be fun for all..

The date for the Rally is Tuesday September 20th through Friday September 23rd

I'm going to now start a list of members who would like to go. Please respond to this thread and I will add you to the attendees list.

We will be camping just outside of Zion National Park at the Zion Ponderosa Campground. Tent camping is $11 per night and includes the pool, jacuzzi. There are additional camping options such as RV Parking with full hookups and cabins. Those are additional cost and can't guarantee they will be available. There is also a restaurant on site for meals if needed.

At this time we do not need to make reservations for the "Tent City" that we will be staying at. But I do need to start getting a number of attendees together. So if you plan on going please respond. I will add your Username and where you will be coming from. That way when the time comes you could see if other Tenere riders are coming from your area and ride in together.

For more information about Zion Ponderosa Campground check out there website at www.zionponderosa.com

Working on getting Sponsors to come to the Rally and set up booths for display and sales. This way you can check out new products and get a chance to see first hand some of the things being offered to us as Motorcycle enthusiasts. Thanks to those who have come on board so far to help us out and for giving us swag and product to Raffle off. It's going to be a great event.. As companies commit to the Rally I will ad their Logo to this forum so everyone can see the great Companies supporting this Event.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attendees List: Coming From
    1. LacofdFireman St. George, UT
    2. AvGeek Phoenix, AZ
    3. Beakless Tehachapi, CA
    4. Doug C Canada
    5. Don in Lodi Lodi, CA
    6. jwhuls S. Indiana
    7. BigBob Des Moines, IA
    8. Greg Illinois
    9. Dmcleane California
    10. Tomatocity California
    11. Buelligan New Mexico
    12. Tabasco? Texas
    13. Anwar Namut Idaho
    14. 88Millimeter Texas
    15. Checkwrecks Maryland
    16. polishadam82 California
    17. Jeff California
    18. JoeR68 Washington
    19. Waxanator Washington
    20. Oilfieldtrash California
    21. echo_four_romeo Texas
    22. sumwon Arizona
    23. Regulator Pennsylvania
    24. dansi Unknown
    25. hernia Colorado
    26. jbird Indiana
    27. Bike Guy California
    28. Combat 20 Indiana
    29. Norman Bills Arizona
    30. Furious Stylz Oregon
    31. SR 1355 Michigan
    32. Idahohigh Nebraska
    33. Saddle-Tramp ?
    34. Brasters California
    35. baldheaded California
    36. jason steel Utah
    37. Cafe Racer99 Arizona
    38. Storm Rider California
    39. itlives Louisiana
    40. K7tbt Washington
    41. Darth Raven Nevada
    42. elbrff Texas
    43. pnelson Oregon
    44. BWC Canada
    45. hodee Texas
    46. FrontRangeRider Colorado
    47. Shredmeister California
    48. NorthwestCajun Washington
    49. Heartshot Colorado
    50. endurobob California
    51. TwoLukes Nevada
    52. Firefight911 California
    53. duggram New Mexico
    54. kenaroo Texas
    55. Arkyrider Arkansas
    56. Matt B Arkansas
    57. eemsreno Iowa
    58. Gunner Texas
    59. Dougfromindy Indiana
    60. Starknaked Pennsylvania

Additional Photos of the Area
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Bike Guy

Bike Guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bike Guy. Ca
  3. Combat20

Combat20 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I
  4. Combat20

Combat20 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm ready! Me and my orange V-Strom will be there; traveling from Ft Wayne, IN
  5. NomorBills

NomorBills WesternExplorer

Oddometer:
    Chandler, AZ & Summer in the Pines, Pine, AZ
    In. Out of Chandler, Az
    mbabc likes this.
  6. lacofdfireman

Oddometer:
    Sweet. I like to see the numbers rising. This will be a great chance for people to experience some great Utah riding on the Big ADV bikes. I can guarantee on thing. If you choose to do the Toroweap overlook ride of the Grand Canyon it is the best view of the Grand Canyon you will ever see. And not many people get this perspective because it's a 60 mile dirt road in and out. And the last 2 miles can be a little rocky. Very doable but will provide a little challenge. It's one of those places that even scary to crawl on your stomach to look over the edge. It's just massive. Also lets you look at the wildest rapid section of the Grand Canyon called Lava Falls. Good chance to see some rafters take it on also. Bring Binoculars because you will be blown away by how huge this canyon is..
  7. lacofdfireman

Oddometer:
    Here is a small youtube clip I did of the ride out from the rim. There is one other technical section about a mile up from where I stopped my GoPro but as you can see very doable..

8. Furious Stylz

Furious Stylz Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Please add me to the list. I'm talking to another ADVer here in Portland, and we're both making plans to head down next Fall. Looks like a must-ride area.
  9. SR1355

SR1355 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    COUNT ME IN!!!! I've spent a bit of time in Utah 4x4 but no time on two wheels. I'll be coming from Michigan leaving on the 16th and riding west on I80, dropping into Co and heading west on I70 to Utah. Dropping south on US191 through MOAB and heading out to the desert to ZION arriving Tuesday.... WOOT!!!! Anyone looking to ride along let me know as the date get closer, we might have our own little Rally lost somewhere in the middle of UTAH... LOL...
  10. Idahohigh

Idahohigh Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in coming from Idaho
  11. saddle-tramp

saddle-tramp Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Im in, currently in the process of finding an STen now. replacing the Vee.
  12. brasters

brasters Just Bob Supporter

Oddometer:
    Count me in, brasters Livermore CA.
  13. baldheaded

baldheaded Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Baldheaded california
  14. jason steel

jason steel n00b

Oddometer:
    life is too short to drink bad beer... unless it's served in the locker room after a hockey game.
    IN, from salt lake city
  15. CafeRacer99

CafeRacer99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Add Steve and Kate from Tucson, AZ.
  16. Storm Rider

Storm Rider Jesus Saves

Oddometer:
    DSCF0536.JPG Looks like a place I missed..., Im in! Utah is always great riding :)
  17. itlives

itlives Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I want to try and incorporate this into my Red Woods Forest trip.
    I'll be coming from Louisana. I really want to go to Toroweap and Crazy Jug Point
  18. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter

Oddometer:
    Boy things sure have changed since I visited Turweep------------------to camp---------you must reserve a campsite by mail months in advance from an application you download and send to them. No permits issued at Turweep.

And that permit needs to be submitted months in advance----------not on the phone or e-mail.

The info is a bit confusing on their website.

I swore I saw on one of the sites they were going to limit the number of vehicles in for day use. I tried to find that again ----but couldn't.

Pretty sad.

Some of that info is here:

http://www.nps.gov/grca/planyourvisit/tuweep.htm
  19. lacofdfireman

Oddometer:

Unless things have changed in the last 6 months I have never heard of them limiting vehicles. Matter of fact I've never ridden there and seen more than 2-3 other vehicles. The most I have ever seen in the campground was 3. They have limited camping but you could just camp somewhere right outside the campground and not be messed with. You just wouldn't have a table and a fire ring. It will not be an issue for us to ride into there as a Rally.
  20. lacofdfireman

Oddometer:

Do it. We'd love to have ya..