"Official" D2D 11 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Fighter, Mar 30, 2011.

1. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    Rode TOW this Tuesday in the rain.

Some spots rather muddy, especially twix Boundry and the Border.

Wouldn't be a problem with Knobbies.

They are re-grading after the border, we took the old hard stuff, re-grade is soft.

Two bad accidents at Tuesday PM, a giant MH ran off the road, looked like a smashed beer can.

A mini van side swiped a big rig and went 400 feet down.

Both caused by too much speed.

I fell off my Tourance clad R1150GS just after Boundry because of too much speed (operator error):wink: Didn't hurt a thing :clap

Border closes at 6pm Alaska time/7pm Yukon time. Opens at 8am Alaska time/9pm Yukon time.

We missed the border and camped on top of the world at Davis Dome :ear
  2. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    Oh yeah, rolled in to Dawson City about nooner today.
  3. btm

btm Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Word around Chicken was that the MH was earlier. The postwoman who apparently doubles as the ambulance driver said the MH tipped over on the soft shoulder and landed intact. However, trying to haul it back over the, it fell apart. Something about dryrot and something shearing? Anyway, except for the frame those things are tin cans. I saw it up on the trailer after they had pulled most of it out and it looked like a sandwich missing the middle.

Looked like, and I was told as well, that the minivan ripped a whole wheel off the truck's trailer and went off into the woods before a tree stopped it. It sheered off a door in the process as well.

TOW wasn't too bad yesterday, a little wet and muddy here and there. The road was a little poor between Chicken and the Canadian border this morning but in good shape beyond there. There is some grading going on in places. Conditions just vary, pay attention and adjust your speed accordingly.