"Official" D2D 11 News/Updates

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Fighter, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:
    What Hat??
    "Honest officer... I never been to Idaho."
  2. akadvntr

akadvntr Frozen

Oddometer:
    Will we need Canadian dollars for costs associated with D2D (banquet, shirts, and such)?
  3. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:
    Either Toonies or Washingtons.
    We'll take em' both.
    The dinner is being hosted by locals in DC so they I'm sure would prefer
    local bucks. DDick is in charge of the "official" D2D shirts and I'm guessing he is dealing with a Canadian vendor.
    Bank across from the hotel takes US cards and sends out the funny stuff based on the latest exchange rate.

DDick "Please pick up the White courtesy phone!"
  4. akadvntr

akadvntr Frozen

Oddometer:
    Thanks!
  5. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    HA HA HA

THAT FUNNY MONEY IS NOW GOING FOR 4 CENTS MORE THAN BUSH BUCKS!
    It will cost you likely about 10 % exchange and so you might look into getting a better exchange deal at home, going to be a novel concept and likely a challenge for my Amarican friends I know!
  6. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:
    OUCH!!!
    Just ran the numbers and $100.00 "merican" buys me $95.9012 Canadian.
    What happen? I miss the old $100.00 US = $146.00 CN.
    I hope we don't have to move this "getdown" back over the border to Tok. :lol3
    Fite
  7. akadvntr

akadvntr Frozen

Oddometer:
    I had better start saving all the Canadian quarters I can get from merchants here in Anchorage. This is going to make my bike really heavy!
  8. FlyRescue

FlyRescue Support S&R, Get lost!

Oddometer:

[​IMG]

...Not bitter or anything. I just won't get paid after Friday if he can't get his shit together.
  9. The Dick

Oddometer:
    Just sayin Fite!

Better to to bring some leaf dollars cause I think most businesses will be charging about 10% due to handling charges. At least our businesses will take your chit. Think about all the years when we got raped on exchange and laughed at when we took our "Funny Money" into any business even in Alaska, our buds!

But what da hey, whats 10c, you guys used to buy a beer with a 20, get the beer and make a profit on the 20.
  10. Tom S

Tom S Can I ride it? Supporter

Oddometer:
    :scratchHe? What about those other 535 people? They’re the ones that are
    supposed to take care of this shit. But too many of 'them' seem more interested in partisan politics. I’m real fed up with that shit. Regardless of what some might think, 'he' ain't a king with a magic F'n wand.
  11. AKmud

AKmud Muddy Gruver

Oddometer:
    ...........maybe someone should tell him that.
  12. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie Supporter

Oddometer:

My wife got laid off from her full time National Guard job in January but it was due to the Republicans blocking the earmarks...Obama wanted to pass them...who do I get to blame? :evil

Yeah its all his fault....:huhTom hit the nail on the head
    Trust me I'm no fan however "><iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Rp6-wG5LLqE" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Anyway fuck politics this is D2D bitches!
  13. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    I share same sentiments with all the politics surrounding the Gov. shutdown. Unfortunately, my sentiments will do nothing to keep our offices from shutting down at Friday midnight. Don't know if anyone knows this but all Federal Employees had their pay frozen for two years. On a tread mill going backwards. :lol3

This morning, I learned from my boss that I was mission essential and since my project work was previously funded, I am not reliant on the FY11 appropriated budget. This means that I won't get furloughed on Saturday. Small consolation because I'm only one of six in my branch that are exempted, the rest will be furloughed. Also, because we will only have a skeleton crew, and the shutdown affects many of our other Federal customers, very little project work will get done.

My last $.02 is to point out how un-necessary all of this is.......the US has not experienced a natural disaster (since Katrina), nor have there been any terrorist attacks, or other major calamities this past year that could provide an "excuse" for NOT conducting the "Country's Business"...i.e. getting a budget approved. Imagine if we were dealing with what Japan, Egypt or Libya is experiencing?! Now then I could see cutting our "leaders" some slack for their lack of action. Sadly, Congress AND the President have failed to lead.......and all of us normal working stiffs will bear the future cost of their abject failure to do the job we elected them to do.
  14. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    SORRY FOR THE HIJACK.....BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED D2D PROGRAMMING!:clap :clap

Best to keep focus on the "good things" life offers us.......like Dawson City during solstice!:freaky:clap
  15. MotoMamma

MotoMamma Living Life

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

16. The Dick

Oddometer:
    Shit man, ya, no religion and no f--king politics. I think we got into this because of the dollar issue. As South Park always says and I sure as hell have no problemo with, "Blame Canada" cause we don't give a shit.
    I have paid big bucks to go to Amarica and now you guys just have to buck up a little more to come here.
    It's kind of like Gerties tho, it is not like you are funding terrorists, you are funding your best buddies and neighbours and we always did it with a smile when it was the other way and even listened to all the shit about our funny money.
    You Maricans need to really start to learn to chill out a little!

Oh, easy for you to say, Dick, you -----------------------, ya I know.
    New discovery this morning!!! If you ever need a root canal done, get put under! Way Cool! Little nap here and I will be back up to speed and head home tomorrow.
  17. ADVBMR

ADVBMR Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the sanity briefing 'toomer. The political grandstanding doesn't hold a candle to the real needs people have and what government should do about them.
  18. Wheeldog

Wheeldog Long timer

Oddometer:
    You smile at us cause you need us to thaw out.:jkam Half your population moves to Arizona during the winter. :deal

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

:amazon:pot

:hide
  19. The Dick

Oddometer:
    Did I say that the Downtown Hotel had a tour cancellation which freed up a bunch of rooms so if there is anyone still looking for rooms, Heather will be able take care of you!
    I would add that there is for Dawson, major construction going on with large crews as well as the crew from that dumb ass reality mining show so there are very few rooms available anywhere in town!
    No whining to Dick !!!
  20. GRIZ

GRIZ COMMANDANT

Oddometer:
    YO! DICK...PACKAGE SENT YESTERDAY TO HOTEL W/ ATTN DICK ON IT:evil
    KEEP YOUR GOOD EYE OPEN FOR IT SO YOU CAN "DECORATE AS NECESSARY:lol3