OFFICIAL D2D 2012 20th

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Fighter, Oct 22, 2011.

1. neanderdahl

neanderdahl n00b

Oddometer:
    hey all

ones loss is anothers gain...........due to an unfortunate sequence of events i am not able to attend D2D and will be passing through about a month later. I had two nights reserved (wedensday and thursday) they are now fair game.
  2. DrydenRider

DrydenRider Sun Seeker

Oddometer:
    In Fort Nelson BC watching some fool walk across Niagara Falls on a wire. And they said driving to Dawson was crazy. Dawson in 2 days, heading to Inuvik and hope to be back in Dawson for the 21
  3. agplant

agplant Ride Fast Travel Slo

Oddometer:
    Completed the southern run this afternoon prior to me hitting the Alcan. Heading west to Dawson Creek in the AM and heading north from there. Will see you all in Dawson. :clap
  4. AndrewT

AndrewT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    On the road again; just crossed the border at Coutts and are holed up in a seedy motel in the shadow of the border crossing. MsBehave is almost back to being herself, and gutted out the ride from Billings. See y'all in Dawson.!
  5. marbee40

marbee40 Some Fear is Good Supporter

Oddometer:
    Northbound riders: Get here in one piece and take lots of pix! Happy trails :D
  6. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:
    Team Pterodactyl ReconRiders have left the building.
    Coming to your neighborhood soon and securing the perimeter for your protection.
    Be afraid.....be very afraid! :huh
    Fite
  7. DrydenRider

DrydenRider Sun Seeker

Oddometer:
    In Carmaks YK camped for night. May attempt a push to Eagle Plains tomorrow if all the planets align.
  8. Alaskajeff

Alaskajeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Last minute adjustments and check ride (IN THE RAIN!) complete:D Can't wait for Wednesday morning.............:clap
    Hey Marbee, has that Grant burned a hole in your pocket yet? :rofl
  9. skierd

skierd Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer:
    Anybody got tent space open still? The hotel room I was hoping for (long story) didn't pan out.
  10. ADVBMR

ADVBMR Polygamotorcyclist

Oddometer:
    We cancelled a room yesterday at the Fifth Avenue B&B. Looked like a nice place.

(867) 993-5941
    (866) 631-5237 toll free
  11. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos Danger Ranger at Large

Oddometer:
    Hey all,

Been incommunicado for a while, but think about you crazy bastards on the daily. Hope this D2D is one to remember, and as pops would say, "ride fast, take chances, and safety third!" :freaky
  12. DrydenRider

DrydenRider Sun Seeker

Oddometer:
    For those planning on Inuvik and wondering about the ferries. As of 9 pm monday both are back running past Eagle Plain
  13. afulp99

afulp99 n00b

Oddometer:
    My riding partner had to back out. I hear there are a lot of folks leaving Anchorage Wednesday morning. Wondering if I might tag along and where to meet up.
  14. AKmud

AKmud Muddy Gruver

Oddometer:
    Our group will be leaving Palmer Carrs around 10am for a leisurely trip to Tok. We plan on taking the old Tok cutoff like we did last year (a cool side trip, thanks Jack!). You are welcome to jump in.
  15. marbee40

marbee40 Some Fear is Good Supporter

Oddometer:
    We'll be departing later than expected due to a snafu with Jr's passport (don't ask). :baldy

FEDEX "should" deliver to the Wasilla office by 12-1pm on Wed but we are in Alaska so I'm not expecting anything.

AlaskaJeff will be leaving with us, Mud, so carry on smartly and we'll catch up in Tok. Please let Golden Bear know we're still coming.

Marbee, Lunch Lady, Jr, and Zeek, respectively.
  16. AKmud

AKmud Muddy Gruver

Oddometer:
  17. tomandreann

tomandreann Adventurer

Oddometer:
    we are leaving today from Eagle River via the Denali Hwy. Looks to be a great week to ride. Hope to see some of you all on the road, at the very least we will see you at Dawson. 2 KLRs and a Yamaha FZ6 with a green Ram support vehicle and trailer.:freaky
  18. Special K

Special K Adventurer

Oddometer:
    One of our group bailed on the trip (rebuild not going as fast as anticipated). Booking .com won't allow his room cancellation without a charge so if anyone is hurting for a place to stay there is a room available. Its at the Aurora inn. Havent stayed there before so can't vouch for it. Room is 169/night canadian. PM me if you are interested and we can figure out how to handle the details.

Special K
  19. jamesm417

jamesm417 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is anyone leaving the ANC Wednesday?
  20. Alaskajeff

Alaskajeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    YES there are some of us leaving from the valley around 10 AM. Contact AKMud for specifics.