OFFICIAL D2D 2012 20th

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Fighter, Oct 22, 2011.

1. KHud

KHud Survivor Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh I don't know about it being teamwork. Looks to me like Dave pushed the bike over almost all by himself........ :evil
  2. dave6

dave6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They might as well have been pushing them over with all the help the crowd was on the blind stop contest...
  3. dave6

dave6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0fVOxLmwW9s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  4. stickman1432

stickman1432 Crusty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So.Cal.& St George UT-Baja-riding anywhere

Nice Video Dave6..................:wink::wink::wink::wink:
  5. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:
    Dave, I enjoyed your show.
    Great talking to you in Dawson.
    Fite
  6. dave6

dave6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I enjoyed talking to you also, all though my neck did get a little sore looking up for so long.....lol :rofl
  7. willys

willys Long timer

Oddometer:
    An excellent video for sure!!!! First rate!:deal

I'm the poor bastard on the side of the Dempster broken down......it turned out to be bad gas!!! I had changed out all major electrical items that I have bolted in various places for just such a problem still no luck, then went into the carb and found nothing to cause this problem either.....I was so close to getting the matches and then it just started to catch and finally ran. I held it at almost wide open thrttle to see if it would clean and it accidentally went into 1st gear and all of a sudden from 7000RPMs down to 0 in an instant and a very loud schain snapping noise, it dug a 6 inch hole in the road and died.....! We all looked at each other and thought crank or cam chain snapped! Time to strip her and warm our hands over a fire.....but, I thought lets see what a busted engine sounds like.....I hit the start button and it purred like new!!!!!
    So, anyone who tells you that a KLR isn't a strong machine.....I laugh i your face! How many engines will take that abuse and still run perfectly well for another 15,000kms or more to carry my abusive as home. It is still running great. I will split the cases this winter to have a peek inside for damage from that mishap.....but don't feel anything as I ride her.
    We all had this happen to us, the bad gas that is during our adventure this year at different occasions.....a total piss off to say the least because you instinctively don't think bad gas as the culprit and then start the long process of cheching everything else first!

Again...a fantastic video that I wish I could create myself......again thanks....:freaky
  8. Boulder Ed

Boulder Ed Bin Ridin

Oddometer:
    It may be running great now but at around 12:06 on the video it sure looks like hell. Oh wait, no wonder, it's a large tailed KLR, characteristically packed and stickered :-) Change the oil and come back next year. No need to split any cases!
  9. dave6

dave6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Too funny and thanks for the comments. You did know the pictures would show up sooner or later???? lol :evil
  10. dave6

dave6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    it's a large tailed KLR :rofl
  11. willys

willys Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh the LOVE....I can feel it....I love you guys too....lol.

I may be back in two years, next year I'm going east again I think. Maybe next time I will get the paperwork in order to cross legit into Alaska and see what I've been missing the past 2 times.

Gotta split the cases....inquiring mind wants to know....besides, there's always something left to modify!!!:evil:huh:lol3
  12. Boulder Ed

Boulder Ed Bin Ridin

Oddometer:
    I say put the inquiring mind on ice and don't screw with it. Something bigger always goes wrong for me at that point (personal opinion based on fact). We still love ya! BTW, how much is there to see is east of ya? See if they will let you into the US and come visit us in CO. Uncle Sam may know you, and then it's anybody's guess if they will let you in. We will weld up some extra stuff to keep er straight and take the KLR out on some real off road stuff. Wet? No problem. Just the same rocks but slipperier. No special concoction mud to deal with. :1drink
  13. willys

willys Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would like to do the coastline of the maritimes and the trans-lab anti-clockwise this time taking the ferry schedule out of the bigger picture. Maybe a good exploration of NFLD and then the Trans-Lab....the Trans-Lab is similar but newer than the Dempster and free of that snot on the roads......but it has deeper gravel in places for sure. Doesn't have the scenery that the west coast has by any stretch but still beautiful in it's own way. Well worth the trip...IMHO. Plus it wouldn't take as long I don't think.
    I figure I have two more years of solo vacationing before the daughter flies the coup!!!:clap
  14. 1reddawg

1reddawg Long timer

Oddometer:
    AWSOME Video Dave!!
  15. agplant

agplant Ride Fast Travel Slo

Oddometer:
    Great video Dave :clap