OFFICIAL D2D 2012 20th

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Fighter, Oct 22, 2011.

1. The Dick

The Dick The Brick Supporter

Oddometer:
    This place is a way of life, not some dumb shit disney experience, blowing in here to say I bin der dun dat in a couple of nights is at best an insult to even base line intelligence or awareness, but don't feel bad, most of the world is in that camp so it is very comfortable. Git a sticker or even a deeecal and then you can show where yu bin and how much yu knw!

If you don't get it, there is actually a small cheer as family is a lot of work! Deadwhores is the real appeal, it is on an American map after all, kind of like the real gold miners, notice how they somehow make the Klondike some part of Alaska as god forbid if anyone found out they were actually in Canader, no one would watch the show!
  2. AKTroy

AKTroy BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer:
    Yup that there is one way to put it. The Dick way. :lol3 Some harley bashing and its almost as if I were there. :freaky
  3. willys

willys Long timer

Oddometer:
    OUCH!!!.....Dick....what you talk'in about.....lol....I was there almost a week last summer, saw almost veerything you had to offer, loved it. This time round I want to experience the disney tour, just kidding,. Seriously, time is an issue and we have many many other things to slide through as well. The almost american Klondike experience is what I come for as many others do too........lol But we all know it's really a truely Canadian event....lol....Oh, they don't...??? My bad!!! Oooops....!

See you thursday....sharp!
  4. friar mike

friar mike IronButtGruver

Oddometer:
    Say Dick I like the way Fite did it last summer Iam thinking of doing it way my self next year.:wink:
  5. AKmud

AKmud Muddy Gruver

Oddometer:
    You talking about the "Trailer queen"?? :puke1:lol3
  6. willys

willys Long timer

Oddometer:
    TRAILERING?????

Anyone thinking of trailering their bike ....well.....DAMN......I'm speechless.....well sort of....biting my tongue is more like it!!!!!:huh:deal
  7. AKmud

AKmud Muddy Gruver

Oddometer:

Say it aint so....

[​IMG]

:hide
  8. friar mike

Oddometer:
    just say-in :augie :amazon there is even a stickie for it now.
  9. Fighter

Fighter Head Gruver

Oddometer:
    Say what you want all you asshats...
    I got fantastic mileage out of my new tires.
    3000 miles and they still looked brand new!!! :lol3:lol3:lol3
    Fite
  10. FL_biker

FL_biker 2016 BMW R1200GS Adv

Oddometer:
    OH MAN!!
    I've barely put a dent in my VISA bill from the 2011 trip up there and now you're tempting me with another trip....
    I wonder how long I can stay deployed and still married so I'd have enuff to recharge the finances for a 2nd trip up there!

After all I didn't see much of the Ice Fields Pkwy this year with all the rain I had...I really need a 2nd trip!
    Maybe this time I'll even bring waterproof gloves - who knew they made such a thing!! :rofl
    No need to head up to Deadhorse this time either - BTDT!
    I'm thinkin Dempster....

Hmmm.... ..:evil

[​IMG]

Dave in Dusty Doha Qatar (back in the sandbox again!)
  11. friar mike

Oddometer:
    There is a method to my madness Fite you can join me if you like and have a set of 5000 mile new tires.:freaky:lol3
  12. redliner

redliner n00b

Oddometer:
    thanks for the info today about d2d 12- now i have a huge project ahead of me to get ready...:puke1
  13. willys

willys Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, I'm booked in to the campsite, so no worries about sleeping.....now just have to get the body in shape enough to get there!!!
    Now, where's that gym????:puke1:freaky
  14. Boulder Ed

Boulder Ed Bin Ridin

Oddometer:
    Never been that far north but am strongly considering this to be the year to hit AL a bit and hang out at D2D. The last one from my family visiting Dawson around 113 years ago never found the gold he'd set out in search of, but became a Senator from Nevada, so I'm sure he made out just fine. :-)

Anyone ever done it from CO and have tips on routes up to or around AL? I've ridden MT, BC/alberta quite a bit, up as far as Jasper. While the time of year guarantees we will all get wet, I'm not looking for a muddy adventure, but rather an adventurous street ride with perhaps a few gravel roads for my R1200 GSA.

Thx, Boulder Ed
  15. dapman

dapman Graphics Guru

Oddometer:
    B Ed,
    AL is Alabama... AK is Alaska... Shhh let's keep it our secret, I won't tell! LOL:wink:
  16. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:

Hardly no banjer music here in AK.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QY2D6KLhDeg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  17. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    Considering the size of Alaska it should have AK thru AM as recognized abbreviations.
  18. Boulder Ed

Boulder Ed Bin Ridin

Oddometer:
    And since that post I even learned Dawson is NOT IN THE USA either. Sheesh, that means I have to deal with the US customs agents when I return. It seems Dawson lies in some foreign country that sells gas by the quart, has really high speed limits and encourages bringing a concealed handgun along for self defense. Boy am I learning a lot today. I think I'll still come though.
  19. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    Legion.....your killin me. When do you have time for this funny shtuff? You are one warped puppy-keep it coming.

One of my favorite songs.....Banjer pickin man.
  20. Boulder Ed

Boulder Ed Bin Ridin

Oddometer:
    Having never been there, I was told this morning by a friend living in Vancouver BC that the bugs are brutal and weather is a big question this early in the summer. Can someone comment on what to expect riding up from the states? Heck, I've been to Banff/Jasper in May while the lakes were still frozen, but you got to time it well or take it like a man, (run for the hotel room vs. camp).

thx