OFFICIAL D2D 2012 20th

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by Fighter, Oct 22, 2011.

1. agplant

agplant Ride Fast Travel Slo

Oddometer:
    Vacation Approved, Goldrush Campsite booked

Good to go. Only 5 months till departure :clap
  2. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Brownie Supporter

Oddometer:
    We may have to run around with embroided shirts with our screen names. :lol3
  3. Cowgirl

Cowgirl I'll ride anything. Supporter

Oddometer:
    You guys might - I think I'll be OK :deal :lol3
  4. Boulder Ed

Boulder Ed Bin Ridin

Oddometer:
    The buddy coming up with me has about 93,000 miles on his 05 BMW GS, with not one issue ever on the bike. He is very easy on it so the miles have been added primarily on road and at 55mph. But, its the original clutch, drive shaft, and all else on the thing. My 07 GSA will have 54,000 on it before we depart. Anyone have any ideas for spares or unusual maintenance before we start a 8,000 - 9,000 mile trip on high mile bikes? I've maintained these two bikes quite a bit over the years, mine exclusively and his when I force him to do a bit earlier oil changes for the shaft and tranny and valves. I'm thinking alternator belts which oft get overlooked on these bikes should be up to date. Replace a few rubber parts on his that are coming apart (drive shaft boot and steering A arm piece. Bring a couple oil filters so we can do an oil change somewhere along the way. I need to think about how/where to do the oil change and a valve adjustment on the road as well, since I don't like shops working on my bikes unless its something major. Any thoughts from those of you with hi mile boxers?
  5. prstone50

prstone50 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got a spot with electric! Next-door to Cowgirl too ! If anyone wants to share spot let me know :clap. Interested in seeing how many extension cords are gonna be running through camp Haha.
  6. legion

legion Honking the Horn

Oddometer:
    Aside from standard maintenance I'd stuff in a new battery and swap out the alternator belt. Aside from that there's little that would concern me. Chasing electrons on the side of the road though has never been a favorite of mine. Good luck and we'll see you there!
  7. AKDuc

AKDuc Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer:
    YAY, looks like I'm gonna be able to go again this year!

Just found out the REI award ceremony I'm to attend in Seattle is the week following D2D.

Now, wonder who I should bum some Gold Rush campsite space from? Does my "dark brother" have any room left? :wink:

Marko The Gamesman
  8. akrider

akrider mild adventurer

Oddometer:
    Marko....Cowgirl is looking for someone CUTE and HOT, and buddy you meet that criterion. Plus she has a site with electrons. In case you have anything to plug in.
  9. Cowgirl

Cowgirl I'll ride anything. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hmmmmmm, I've heard about Mark :D
  10. ThatGuy

Oddometer:
    I have plenty!
  11. SOLOKLR

SOLOKLR Back to work

Oddometer:
    i don't know how big the sites are, but I trave with a small tent so there should be room. Down side is I snore like a bear I've been told. Especially when I've been drinking.
  12. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    That camp ground already sounds like a chainsaw convention because of all the other heavy snorers.... you'll fit right in.
  13. ThatGuy

Oddometer:

I usually don;t crawl back into my tent until 3-4 am so get it out of the way :deal
  14. SOLOKLR

SOLOKLR Back to work

Oddometer:
    3 to 4 am is perfect. I'll only be about 20 min ahead of you.
  15. ThatGuy

Oddometer:
    IN all I always find myself having to tip toe when I get back since there are so many RVs. I hope there will be hot weather as there has been the last two years.
  16. willys

willys Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll be wearing my earplugs as usual.....can't stand it when I wake myself up, let alone someone else waking me up!!!!

Thanks for the warning.....lol.....Oh....you've been warned too......lol:evil
  17. MsBehave

MsBehave Adventure Granny

Oddometer:
    I am all for kicking off the "extension cord" olympics. :evil Neither Andrew or I snore (much) and we offer the added bonus of being pretty darn good camp cooks. If you still need someone to share the spot with, we're definitely available.
  18. Sgt H

Sgt H Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That is why I reserved a cabin at the north end of town. I"m old and need my sleep.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
  19. KHud

KHud Survivor

Oddometer:
    Klondike Kate's?
  20. Sgt H

Sgt H Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Whitehouse