Official - Dakar 2011 Torrent Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Brimstone, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    So do we have a super secret torrent site that doesn't worry about ratios? I'd be in for that.
  2. Pawlie

Pawlie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The fishy place now has some Eurosport coverage of early stages because of the efforts of a contributor to this thread.

Many thanks to Tehdutchie.

The files seem very large. Can anyone more tech savy than me suggest a way to compress future files?........don't know if this is recommended/possible/necessary.

Thanks much,

Pawlie
  3. Brimstone

Brimstone Super Duper n00b!

Oddometer:
    Hey Pawlie et al,

TehDutchie is capping some stuff and is sending it to me to transcode and post up. I'm in the process of encoding some of the large files now and will be posting asap!

Hoping that TehDutchie can continue to send me daily feeds which I will re-encode to an mp4 for everyone's consumption! Will post at the top of the thread when I have something up! It appears to be Eurosport HD footage! :clap :freaky
  4. Brimstone

Oddometer:
    Stay Tuned. We are trying to work on this Eurosport thing from a couple of angles! :evil
  5. dox

dox How much for the ape?

Oddometer:
    Woohoo! Thanks for your hard work, everybody. I much prefer the eurosport coverage but only have an account at the fishy site. My ratio there is 1.42 as I'm active there somewhat often and I seed like crazy both during Dakar and F1 season.
  6. GoNOW

GoNOW Long timer

Oddometer:
    We will. :evil

7. Brimstone

Oddometer:
    Ok, got the first .ts file from TehDutchie. I can confirm it is full HD, 1920x1080!

For ease of shuffling around the world, I'm re-encoding to 720p, 350Mb filesize. It is only 30 minutes, so should be fine quality. I will post to PEC when the encode is complete.

Hopefully TehDutchie can provide caps for the rest of the Dakar! :wink:

Further details to come!
  8. Pawlie

Pawlie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is great stuff.

With everyone's input we are getting this thing dialed in.

Once again I must thank Brimstone, Miniroot and now Tehdutchie for their stellar efforts in getting the Dakar torrents out to us.

Brimstone, any chance you'll be at the Loose Screw DS in Kamloops this summer ?.......... I figure I owe you a case!:1drink

Pawlie
  9. miniroot

miniroot running in: please pass

Oddometer:
    Nice. Hats off.
  10. Brimstone

Oddometer:
    Actually, I was hoping to attend that one this year! Along with the BC Big Trailie. I did the BCBTR last year on my plated WR450F. That was a ride and a half! 1200km in 3 days on a basically stock WR... my butt hurt for a few days after! But a real hoot and my riding ability was actually much improved afterward!

I'm sure we can work something out in Kamloops! I'm up there a couple times a year visiting family too...
  11. Pawlie

Pawlie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  12. Cromagnon

Cromagnon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cowichan Bay, Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
    Thanks for the efforts :clap, i am on the fishy one and continuing to share the dakar stuff. i prefer the eurosport coverage as the commentator is a lot more enjoyable. looking forward to the highlights of stage 03 when they show up.
  13. Jeffy

Jeffy Hmm...

Oddometer:
    If you're capturing them then compress the files using Divx or Xvid. That should cut them down to around 700mb or so without losing too much quality. Otherwise people tend to go 720p and do a .mkv.
  14. GoNOW

GoNOW Long timer

Oddometer:
    FFMPEG is a great command line program that will convert/compress anything to just about anything. You will have to play around with the settings tho.

mkv, like avi, is a container format. You can have Divx/Xvid/h264 or whatever type of video and audio in it.

Normally when I am making a mkv video from a DVD, I compress the video with h264 into an avi, direct copy the AAC soundtrack into an aac file, and rip off the subtitles into vobsub. Then all are combined into a mkv.
  15. ArthDuro

ArthDuro quarantined

Oddometer:
    thank you!
  16. GoNOW

GoNOW Long timer

Oddometer:
    We have our tracker up. PM me for info.
  17. Brimstone

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys,

Feel free to PM me as well!
  18. Brimstone

Oddometer:
    Hi guys,

I have edited the main thread post to reflect our current situation. In short, it's a good news/bad news kind of thing. The good is much better than the bad though! :evil
  19. Brimstone

Oddometer:
    Stage 04 Posted! Both segments. Please have a read through the first post in the thread again to get the latest information. You will need to submit another PM to get access... Yes, I know it's a pain, but just think, you only need to do it once! I get to reply to a couple hundred of you FF's! :deal
  20. GoNOW

GoNOW Long timer

Oddometer:
    It's more good news then anything else. We have a crap load of Dakar 2011 videos. I have up every video I could find with more being added daily.

But we need help. We need seeds. When you download anything, let it seed. Use a client like utorrent and leave it running for the next two weeks.
    My poor DSL line is maxed out and I am sure Brimstone is hurting too.

We have the source, now we need the seeds. :clap