Official Nighthawk thread

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by eteller, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Hydrilla

Hydrilla Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's great to hear. I wonder why so many people say not to run heated gear on these bikes... Interesting that there doesn't seem to be an alternator upgrade option out there, or at least one that is common knowledge.
    Adventurer. and DesmoRyder like this.
  2. drdubb

drdubb OFWG Supporter

Oddometer:
    heated gear is the best thing since sliced bread. I think I had a "moment" the first time I turned my jacket on.
  3. Adventurer.

Adventurer. Enjoy the Ride

Oddometer:
    I ran a heated vest on a leg of my ‘92 NH for my IBA SS1000, however I ran it off a separate battery pack which I’d pre-charged and placed into my vest pocket. Battery eventually died, but it was glorious, prior. Kept me warm when I needed it most, then left vest on as extra layer. (I’ve since purchased a cord to plug it in direct to my aftermarket USB port, but have yet to dabble with it).

I eventually hope to add heated grips, hand guards and possibly purchase heated gloves (TBD).

Safe travels on your IBA. Your ‘93 should do absolutely great, assuming (as with any bike) she’s properly maintained! I’m considering an IBA SS1500, next.

P.S. - Upgraded my headlight to LED prior, too. Absolute game changer, illumination wise.
    Hydrilla and DesmoRyder like this.
  4. AwDang

AwDang Enabler

Oddometer:
    [QUOTE="Hydrilla, post: 41368670, member: 107431"I understand changing to LED lights would help, but I don’t have time to do anything like that before my ride which is in 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Swap the headlight at least. It’s the biggest bang for the buck in watt savings and visibility. Added bonus is it’s just a 30min job including going to the store for beer first :)
    Adventurer., AZbiker and Hydrilla like this.
  5. Gone in 60

Gone in 60 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey all, I'm rummaging through some old boxes in the garage. I sold my '93 NH750 years ago, but still have some new NOS parts. If anyone can use these, please shoot me a PM and we'll work something out on price:
    -Right side panel, Candy Tahitian Blue
    -Throttle Cables
    -Clutch Cable
    -Foot peg rubber pads - have a pair, they might be for rear, Not really sure. I can send part numbers on the packages if anyone is really interested in them.
    -Also have some NOS round Honda mirrors, metal shell, not plastic. Not NH750-specific, but I was thinking of putting them on mine.
    IMG_1424.jpg
    750.jpg
    Adventurer., OroDas, AZbiker and 2 others like this.
  6. Gone in 60

Oddometer:
    The throttle cables are sold!
    Still have a clutch cable (22870-MW3-670), the side cover, generic Honda mirrors and the foot peg pads.
    I did some digging on the foot peg pads - they are 50661-KRO-000 which shows as the pads for the main pegs.
    Adventurer. likes this.
  7. tomcfitz

tomcfitz Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello all! Back on December 9th I ordered the Hebco and Becker racks for the '92 Cb750. They arrived today!

20210206_134126.jpg

Along with some instructions I think, entirely in German, and a single black and white photo that will help a lot.

The plan is to get it installed this afternoon! I will update this post as things progress. It definitely does attach to the turn signal mounts, which the previous owner helpfully removed with a saw, so I will have to fiddle with it a bit, unless I end up being happy enough with the mounts just to the passenger pegs and upper suspension mount.
    TonyKZ1, AZbiker and DesmoRyder like this.
  8. tomcfitz

tomcfitz Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, this is officially now the motorcycle of a madman. Is it a stripped down cafe racer? Is it a tourer? Who knows! Time for a new seat though for sure.

20210206_171439.jpg

It went on with minimal fuss and excess leftover fasteners. As you can see, the mounts that attach to the tail light spots on the frame have no frame nearby, so they are left dangling. But whatever. I also have a good new place to mount my license plate, instead of below the taillight there, so it won't get bent to hell from my rear wheel hitting it on bumps! 20210206_172405.jpg
    TonyKZ1 and DesmoRyder like this.
  9. dogjaw

dogjaw plays well alone

Oddometer:
    does anyone have a link to the ride report where three Nighthawks rode across Siberia in the company of two ADV bikes, and the Nighthawks were the only ones without issues? It's an older article, but I have no idea what I did with mine; tried Google, etc, to no avail.
    Adventurer. likes this.
  10. drdubb

drdubb OFWG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Adventurer. likes this.
  11. drdubb

drdubb OFWG Supporter

Oddometer:
  12. Adventurer.

Adventurer. Enjoy the Ride

Oddometer:
  13. dogjaw

dogjaw plays well alone

Oddometer:
    Just before the Snowpocalypse hit, my Sargent saddle arrived; can't wait to take it to Colorado to spread my riding buddy's ashes this summer.

RIP, Marty. 20210220_154357.jpg
    AZbiker, DesmoRyder and drdubb like this.
  14. DesmoRyder

DesmoRyder Nighthawk Sport-Tour

Oddometer:
    Looks comfy!
  15. drdubb

drdubb OFWG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Noble mission.
    DesmoRyder likes this.
  16. DesmoRyder

Oddometer:
    20200603_115740.jpg 20200609_130502.jpg I left some of my Dad's ashes in Colorado during my trip back in June. I stopped at 2 of the most beautiful views of the trip... Hermit's Rest on the North Rim of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison and Rampart Range Road across from Pike's Peak.
    sonnystile likes this.
  17. dogjaw

dogjaw plays well alone

Oddometer:
    That's crazy that you would mention that, as I recognized the pic before reading the text. Hermit's Rest is one of the places that I am considering... another is Red Mountain Pass on 550, as I'll probably be going before the dirt passes open in July.

My condolences for your dad; mine passed from Alzheimers last summer... I had to close his eyes like they do in the movies, not as creepy as it sounds; I looked at it like I was providing one last service.

Strength and honor.
    AZbiker and DesmoRyder like this.
  18. DesmoRyder

Oddometer:
    Wow! Small world. My Dad bought his first motorcycle in 1971 and got me my first motorcycle shortly thereafter when I was about 7. We rode dirt bikes together and later street bikes. We took our last ride together in 2017 to the north Georgia mountains . He continued riding his Can Am Spyder another 2 years and finally had to give up riding at the age of 84. He passed away in January of 2020. I thought it was fitting to carry some of his ashes with me on my 5000 mile dream trip to the Colorado Rockies from Alabama in June of last year. It definitely offered some comfort and closure to leave some of his ashes in such a beautiful place. Suches Me - Dad 2015_c.jpg 20150605_115407.jpg
    RobbieAG, dogjaw and TonyKZ1 like this.
  19. Gone in 60

Oddometer:
    Dogjaw, all the best of luck on your noble journey. My Dad’s ashes are in Santa Fe, and I visit when I can.

He was a mean SOB... I tried to close his eyes when the time came, but they opened right back up. Like he was still saying “Don’t you tell me to close my damn eyes!”

And thanks for grabbing a few of my leftover Nighthawk bits. That leaves an NOS clutch cable and right side panel in ‘93 Tahitian Blue still available if they’d be useful to someone.
    AZbiker, dogjaw and DesmoRyder like this.
  20. dogjaw

dogjaw plays well alone

Oddometer:
    Just added a new pair of rear shocks, changed the fork oil for what appeared to be the first time on my 92 750; made a huge difference... 20210223_171235~2.jpg
    DesmoRyder, wbsims and AZbiker like this.