oh where to go?

Discussion in 'Americas' started by 73513188, Feb 17, 2008.

1. 73513188

73513188 n00b

Oddometer:
    Kind of new to this dual sport scene. I have been ridin for 40+ years, but either street, dirt, track or motocross. I have never combined these for travel. I just aquired a killer new bike, 08 red gsa. My question. Are there any avenues of aquiring tried and proven great dual ride maps in north america. Myself and some buddies are really excited about this new avenue of riding, but are unsure of where to go. I guess just goin would be excellent as well, but wouldn't mind having some expert experience guide us.
    Best regards, and blue skies. Brad.
  2. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    You are in Wichita. In late April, early May go west till you see Colorado. Stop at Ouray. Ride the 4 corners area. Right now? Head down to Big Bend. I'd say Mexico but I chickened out on my trip and I'm on a POS '07 GSAdv. Everyone else was on $2500 KLR's. Something wrong with this picture. I felt like I was invited to a party at Michael Vick's but I was supposed to wear a porkchop necklace. Sounded like fun but.....I'm a chicken shit.
  3. rkclmbr24

rkclmbr24 CARNIVOROUS VEGAN

Oddometer:
    Ride thru southern colorado and into southern utah. The four corners area is amazing and should be semi warm daytime temps right now. If you need specific info on Utah let me know and I will set you up with tons of camping riding areas. I have also been into northern New Mexico and down thru West Texas. That would be perfect this time of year. Warm days and cold nights.
  4. Sparkdaddy

Sparkdaddy aventurero

Oddometer:
    Try this.

1.) Find a place that you really want to go check out.
    2.) Find the most diverse route to get you there.
    3.) Go and report back with photos and stories. :D

Try checking out the ride reports section to see who has done what to give you some ideas. You can be in there for months. :1drink