1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. seat_boy

seat_boy Wannabe adventurer

Oddometer:
    I hit Perry last summer on my Transalp. It was tough but doable (keeping in mind I'm not exactly a gifted off road rider). There's also some good dirt roads down by Nelsonville, a little north of there.

Eric
  2. iceweazel

iceweazel mechanic-ly inclined

Oddometer:
    Hit perry state forest today on the Killer. Dang, ya need some serious tires for that place. :eek1

I was expecting more wide, smooth atv/quad trails covered in gravel like parts of the trails at Wayne nf, but it was all single track mud/forest craziness. LOTS of fun but DAMN hard work for unprepared as I was. (old trailmaxes) Have to pull out the knobblies and give it another go sometime.

Had to watch out for the crazys on the quads too. Nuts! watched a guy roll one over on himself twice.
    Genius kept trying to climb this one cliff...:fall
  3. XPADREX

XPADREX Funslinger Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good responses! Sorry for my absence and lack of my replies- I was out of town for a while, but I'm back now.

I will be sending emails to a couple of you fellows to see what we can do.

I'm not looking to thrash the Capo (I know, whimpy); I'd rather have a true enduro - but I don't, and the Capo does mostly street duty. That said, I think it could handle some fire trails without me totally wasting it, or having to get gnarly tires.

Sounds like we've got some good folks hereabouts!
    :thumb
  4. seat_boy

seat_boy Wannabe adventurer

Oddometer:
    You know, now that I think about it, I think I was at Pike SF, not Perry. It was a ways west of Chillicothe. Perry sounds pretty tough...

Eric
  5. iceweazel

Oddometer:
    Too tough for me. I'm waiting for those fire road and high tention wire road runs someone needs to find us. :wink:
  6. XPADREX

Oddometer:
    Okay- resurrection time.

Anyone else have Mondays off?
  7. iceweazel

Oddometer:
    There's a LONG running Ohio thread back a forum i the main Regional area (scroll down and look) not in any specific forum.

ought to just hop on there and say hello.
    It's almost 100 pages now. A bunch of us are even near you in central ohio.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28732

8. XPADREX

Oddometer:
    Thanks- it's just tough trying to hook up for a Monday ride. I've got a goofy schedule, which hasn't kept me from mombing around solo, but it's cool to meet new folks once in awhile.

:thumb

I'll keep an eye on that other thread, and maybe sneak into a meet if one pops up on a free day. :nod