ohio route advice needed

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by upsman, Jun 27, 2004.

1. upsman

upsman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im going to the vintage motorcycle rally in july at mid-ohio and would like to do a long day trip from my home in jackson michigan to mid-ohio but try to hit southern ohio on the way.

Is this possible without turning it in to a death march? any suggested routes? BTW i live about 1 hour north of Toledo. any roads that are 2 lane and interesting will be considered, all input appreciated.

Thanks Greg
  2. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    There are no "good motorcycle roads" in Ohio. If anyone tells you there is, don't believe them. Especially one "BMW Rider". He is a notorious liar. It will be the trip from Hell. Especially if you start just west of Ann Arbor. :D
  3. dragoon

dragoon I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer:
    From Lexington head to Mt Vernon then take 586 south (freshly paved) to Frazeysburg (home of Dragoon :lol3 ). It's a nice road through some Amish farms. 100 mile round trip from Lexington.

You have to go farther/further south to hit the "really" good roads. Let me know how far you're looking to go. :ear
  4. Rider

Rider Spectacularly Correct

Oddometer:
    Greg:
    1) Do NOT listen to Pilot
    2) Do listen to dragoon.
    :D

PM me if you have any more specific questions. Be glad to help ....
    I'll be at Vintage Days too. We'll all be meeting at some point at the track. I'll post later when/where it will be.
  5. dragoon

dragoon I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer:
    The track is where it always was if that helps :thumb
  6. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    See what I mean, Greg? Only #2 is accurate. :D
  7. ktrjc

ktrjc Displaced Yooper

Oddometer:
    I-75 is a nice road I-70 is good too. Two lanes each way, is that what you meant???

:rofl :rofl :rofl
  8. upsman

upsman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    im trying to figure out a good route to lexington that will see me leave around 7 a.m. and arrive at lexington about 7 p.m. , thinking about going to repsycle bmw and checking that out and then going from there, whatever time and energy i have left will dictate the rest of the day. thanks for all the advice i think. :D greg
  9. rnr

rnr Simple. Fast. Paid for.

Oddometer:
    Hey, me too! In Flushing.

Well, that's two hours without a ticket...

:)

Drop out of Toledo on 24, cross at Waterville, run 65 (sweet!) down to Grand Rapids. Jump south to 6 (yuk!) over to 199.

As I recall, 199 is a nice easy going, slightly curvy road. Drop that down to Fostoria, pick up 18, over to 224 (briefly, yuk!) then grab 100 down to Bucyrus.

Then 19 into Galion, and you is there.

Done it several other ways, but mostly Frank Buck'ing then. Those are about the best roads betwixt here and there.

Rider, where will you be displayed at? It is Vintage Motorcyclist Days, right? Venerable? Veritable? Veneri...

Oh, wait, this thread is from 2004.

Never mind.

:rofl