ohlins shocks and remus exhaust

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by DEAN R.SHALVIS, Oct 21, 2001.

1. DEAN R.SHALVIS

DEAN R.SHALVIS Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd like some info on where in the good old usa as to where i can get the best price for ohlins shocks and a remus exhaust system for an 1150 gs
    TIA
    Dean r.shalvis
  2. Sparky

Sparky .

Oddometer:
    When I bought mine (two Ohlins about 4 & 3 years ago, one Remus about 2 years ago) I could find noplace that discounted very heavily. I chose to buy locally to support and enjoy the support of my local dealer. It probably cost me about $50 extra on about $1500 or more in purchase cost.

- S
  3. Red Bull

Red Bull Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some Ohlins dealers "set them up" for you, and it's worth paying a little extra. When you buy them you should provide them with your "average" weight, the type of riding (two-up, heavy gear, off-road, etc) and any height issues. I was VERY lucky and picked up a pair (barly) used Ohlins set-up for a slightly lowered posture. (I just saw a set on the BMW Internet marketplace hurry!) The set I have was 10 mm "shorter (~1.5 inch) and preload for 180 lb on / off road. HUGE difference! Save some money, but get them set up for you. With regard to Remus, contact maxmoto... he is the supplier to all the dealers, based in San Francisco. He also has the potometumeter and the documentation on what to do. Great service.
  4. dapolrbear

dapolrbear Buddah Head Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just got my Remus Ti system from Mr. Eds Moto Accessories at:
    http://www.mredsmoto.com

They drop ship it from Max Moto, the distributor, Mr Ed's is cheaper than everyone else I tried; even the distributor himself. He does have a discount for F650 ChainGang members, which I am also a member of.

I payed $750 shipped for a Remus Ti can and the middle premuffler, not the Y piece, for my 2001 1150GS.

See if you can do better, now you have an idea of what they will discount.

If you order from Mr. Ed, tell him that I recomended you maybe he will give you the same discount, refer to Inmate:Mike#720; you see if your a member of the Chain Gang then you are an Inmate....haha.
  5. GrtDay@msn.com

GrtDay@msn.com Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've bought 2 sets from Ed. He orders them and then they are build it Sweden. 4-6 week wait but the prices are realy good!
    Give him my best!

www.mredsmoto.com