Oil level very high in 05 950

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by zoeper, Jul 28, 2019.

1. zoeper

zoeper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    From my own experience I would strongly recommend replacing the float needle's. I know many people fit Facet pumps or the (Mikuni?) Vacuum fuel pumps with success, but I am back on the stock pump with a mod to do the current switching with a Field effect transistor and the points only for switching the FET.
    I hope you get yours sorted and let us know what you find!
    Edit..
    Also watch out when you leave the bike standing in the sun or on a hot day. If your tanks are not properly vented, the expansion of air in the tanks can cause fuel pressure to rise and push fuel past the float needle's. Some pumps (I think the stock pump have this) have a check valve that prevent fuel from flowing when the pump is not energized. If your pump lack a check valve, this might be part of your problem.
  2. zoeper

zoeper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes I did set the TPS to spec. I did find that at some stage during setting it would jump suddenly as if the sensor(I assume it is a resistor) went open- or short circuit. I tried to avoid this over-travel condition while setting it, but will check again to see that all is still good after closing up.
    Thanks for the suggestion.