OK,the Beemer dudes are...

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Mr Head, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Mr Head

Mr Head Adventure Hippie Supporter

Oddometer:
    .. Meeting at a cafe in Ojai on Sunday morning. It's a slabride.

I'm going since I'll get to eat and hang with some of the OCMRC crowd. I think even ROn may be able to get up early enough to make it.

Here is a cut and paste form the group home:

This Sunday, the 7th. Ojai Cafe Emporium; 108 S Montgomery, Ojai,
    CA 805 646-2723.

A home style cafe and bakery with owner Barbara McCarthy's personal
    recipes. A very popular place with the local's, especially on the
    weekends. We have reservations for 10:00 am, so don't be late for
    this popular spot. Great riding to the destination, plus some great
    roads after breakfast.

Bill Reitz is who posted it over there. I expect there to be a whole gaggle of BMW riders there, since there is food and somebody mentioned riding.

Anybody up for a breakfast ride on a slab?

Oh, and Vote early and often.
  2. papavero

papavero Just good enough.

Oddometer:
    Sent a pm to Big Dave about riding this weekend. He was looking for dirt. If that does not work out, I or we might be up for a slab ride. Decisions pending.
  3. KillerPriller

KillerPriller Long timer

Oddometer:
    is it just me or are you repeating yourself?

Big Dave, which would you rather do? If you want a strictly dirt ride, lets get out the dirt bikes and a map. If you want to go with these guys to Ojai, i would be up for that too. Your call.

nk
  4. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking I may have to waste Saturday buying tires, and changing oils. If there is a concensus for riding pigs in the dirt, I'm in.

I've been to Ojai before and was not that impressed. If I can managed to wander past Irv's tomorrow noon, I'll be able to do oil stuff in the dark. Then I would just have to call Will and arrange some tires. I have found that if I stop by and pay first there is a better chance of my tires showing up closer to when I expect them. These Pirelli's though don't seem to available...

Anyway, it's a thought, maybe the dry lake? Next weekend is a family weekend for me. Me and three women, and a city by the sea... Yeah, shopping. At least this time, I can walk. and I know where the bars with the good scotch are.
  5. KillerPriller

KillerPriller Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mr. head,

I have enough stuff for two oil changes in my garage. Swing by my house on your way home if you dont make it to Irv's in time. Its all bagged up and ready to go.

nk
  6. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I wanna look at that Rally2 suit again anyway. I like going for a ride at lunch. So, tomorrow I'll be lunching at Irv's. Can you tink of a better place?
    Me neither.

I slid the Adventure last night turning from that stop sign at the bottom of my hill. There is a nice little left there and a man hole cover right under where the center of a car would be if you were to hug the centerline. This is also right in the laine you would take if you were to motard the corner. Well, the pig slips across the cover and the front end is beginning to push a bit, as I lean it over and get a little aggresive with the throttle, OK, maybe a bit more than a little, the rear spins up and both ends are sliding but now the centerstand has grounded and my boot is on the ground... and away we go. The rear hooks and the front lifts, (I love an empty tank)... Good fun.

I ride this thing like an ass when I'm by myself. If I had had a dirt bike in my earlier years I know I'd have spent a fair amount of time without a license.
    Oh, and the pig wheelies with a full fuel load just fine. Woke up the guy in the 7-series BMW on the way to vote today!
  7. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I wanna look at that Rally2 suit again anyway. I like going for a ride at lunch. So, tomorrow I'll be lunching at Irv's. Can you tink of a better place?
    Me neither.

I slid the Adventure last night turning from that stop sign at the bottom of my hill. There is a nice little left there and a man hole cover right under where the center of a car would be if you were to hug the centerline. This is also right in the laine you would take if you were to motard the corner. Well, the pig slips across the cover and the front end is beginning to push a bit, as I lean it over and get a little aggresive with the throttle, OK, maybe a bit more than a little, the rear spins up and both ends are sliding but now the centerstand has grounded and my boot is on the ground... and away we go. The rear hooks and the front lifts, (I love an empty tank)... Good fun.

I ride this thing like an ass when I'm by myself. If I had had a dirt bike in my earlier years I know I'd have spent a fair amount of time without a license.
    Oh, and the pig wheelies with a full fuel load just fine. Woke up the guy in the 7-series BMW on the way to vote today!
  8. KillerPriller

KillerPriller Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mr. Head, i love that you love your bike. Its a difficult thing to explain to other people isnt it.

nk