Ok You Canukians Listen Up

Discussion in 'Canada' started by PARTY BOSS™, Nov 3, 2005.

1. PARTY BOSS™

PARTY BOSS™ FORMERLY R1100RICK

Oddometer:
    5th Annual Advrider Eastern Rondezvous

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK It's official The 5th ANNUAL ADVRIDER EASTERN RONDEZVOUS will be held on May 19th -21st in Hot Springs NC .
    As usual the event will be paid for by the sale of Commemorative Tshirts&Mugs(price to be announced later) .There will also be a dinner to include keg beer provided Friday evening and possibly a breakfast on Sunday Morning .You must purchase a tshirt to partake of the dinner and adult refreshments.

The town web site http://www.hotspringsnc.org/ lists all local accomadations and resturaunts the camp store usually has a decent beer selection there is no liquor store in the county and most couties are dry in the area. Hot Springs is the only "wet "town for miles.

For reservations at the Hot Springs Campground call 828 622 7267their web site is http://www.nchotsprings.com/hstacamping.htm
    it has a map showing all site locations the group site #413 is where the Beer Tent will be located there will be a few tent sites available there ,see me for sublet arrangments.

There are a couple of resturaunts in town including 2 new ones which may not show up on the web site.Please frequent the Paddlers Pub they have a great beer selection and they also help me get the beer for the event. great place live music sometimes ,and they are familiar with us ff's.

Those Tent camping ask for the tent sites closest to the cabins to be near the group .If you want Privacy ask for the tent sites down by the river .

One reminder don't buy moonshine from anybody you don't know unless you have a prepaid emergency room plan.
  2. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:

:vardy
  3. scratchypants

scratchypants Loathes the impolite

Oddometer:
    We hear ya, boss. Thinkin' about this one...
  4. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:

If a couple canuks commit I buy some Canadian bacon to serve with the grits and gravey.If a lot come Maybe a Keg of Molson :freaky
  5. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    A keg of Molson. I only use that cat piss to marinate old round steaks. Make it a good Oregon IPA and I'll know your serious!
    Ciao, Steve G.
  6. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:
    Hard to get the Oregon stuff but we have a couple of good ales from some local breweries .Highland Gailic ale is usually served . but I'll look for an IPA
  7. Ridemuch

Ridemuch Ciao

Oddometer:
    How are the bugs at that time of year? I don't want to much portein in my beer.
  8. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    Can ya get that Moose Drool stuff from Montana there?

Thats a good beer.
  9. Lurking Luddite

Lurking Luddite Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Rick

Are them grits gonna be faster than at Cromags? That was lunch bag let down. I heard Mogwi's stomach growling all the way up Mount Washington.
  10. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:
    Noe really to many bugs up in the mountains maybe some knats .but build a fire and their gone if there are a few mosquitoesany spray will work there aren't that many around.
  11. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:
    No moose drool .but lots of good beer we get 3-4 kegs for 80peps.

I am going to do my best to get in bed early one night and get up at 7am and cook .some one up at cromags really gave me a good pointer which I failed to heed when making mass quantities of grits. there needs to be a full time stiring person or the fuckers burn quick .Leson learned .They are really quite simple to make but when making 2.5lbs at a time the stirring thing is essential its like they insulate the bottom of the pot and build heat really fast because they are expanding. they jam the bottom of the pot and stick very quickly .
  12. Lurking Luddite

Oddometer:
    Hi Rick

I would like to take this event in, I was wondering if you know how far it might be Dale Walkslers' Museum Wheels Through Time in Maggie Valley North Carolina from Hot Springs.

Thanks Vern
  13. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:
    I,m guessing about a hundred miles but the ride there is great. one of the best roads around is 209 out of hot springs heading down toward maggie valley .Been that way a bunch of times can give good directions when you get there and some places to stay away from :evil
  14. Lurking Luddite

Oddometer:
    Hey Rick

Thanks, 100 mi. just a nice little side trip now I have to really work this into the schedule.
  15. Kaumajet

Kaumajet H.I.D. Positive

Oddometer:
    On the calendar :thumb
  16. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear it .If you can get there early say wed'or thurs will do a three mtn top run all over 5k ft :evil
  17. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:
    Anyone attending a ‘Ride Out’ or ‘Event’ organised through the ADVRIDER forums does so at their own risk.
    ADVRIDER.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.
    Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.
  18. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    Does that mean I can't blame the hangover on you?

I think I tried grits once. I think once was enough.
  19. Ridemuch

Ridemuch Ciao

Oddometer:
    Are you going to have hush puppies??
  20. PARTY BOSS™

Oddometer:
    these are magic grits :evil
    and thats exactly what I mean no liabilities.
    I stole that from the ukgs'ers :D