Old School trials event - lots of pics

Discussion in 'Trials' started by syntec4, Sep 21, 2008.

1. syntec4

syntec4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi all,
    I had a great ride out to a club trials event today. The meeting was held in Frodsham, Cheshire, UK where the Frodsham trials club have fairly regular meetings at 1 of 4 sites they have in the local area. I found out about the event whilst browsing the Motorcycle news 'whats on' section. It's only 30 minutes from where I live and I had never even heard of it before. All the people I talked to were very friendly and they are very welcoming to new riders who want to give it a try. I witnessed one guy lend his bike and helmet to a complete stranger to try out:eek1
    There were some nice old twin shock bikes. There was plenty of more modern stuff too, but it was nice to see some classic stuff being used in anger.

This Greeves was very nice:evil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    norton73, PSchrauber, DyrWolf and 3 others like this.
  2. beyondhelp

beyondhelp likes cheese too.

Oddometer:
    Cool stuff although the watermark is more than a bit distracting.

Makes me want to go beg for the Ossa my friends dad has stashed in his garage gathering dust. I really want a vintage trials bike.
  3. jtwind

jtwind Wisconsin Airhead

Oddometer:
    Nice shots but I agree about the watermarks. If you are trying to sell photos maybe this belongs in vendors. :rofl
  4. bmwblake

bmwblake upside down parker

Oddometer:
    nice shots. someday i will have a vintage trials bike.
  5. bmwblake

bmwblake upside down parker

Oddometer:
    for anyone in the southeast there's a vintage trials event in dickson, tn this weekend.

there's also a sweet rebuilt cub in CA on ebay.
  6. scottro

scottro Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Massive watermark. Why?
  7. P B G

P B G Long timer

Oddometer:
    probably so that he doesn't feel like he needs to post them in tiny images w/ low resolution.

Many times photogs will shoot events and the riders will come back through and buy their pictures. Holds true for motorcycle, crosscountry, track, football, soccer, archery, and even RC Car racing.

Could have used a smaller watermark, or not across the bike/rider but then crop and wham, good to go.

But still, if you are interested in trials bikes you get some free eyecandy, and then if you were riding in the event you can get some high quality images of you riding. Even if you couldn't convince your wife/gf to stand in a field for hours.
  8. fprintf

fprintf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some really nice high quality pictures here. 2008! :-)
  9. Ymirtrials

Ymirtrials Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Huh, so what happened to those inmates? Not heard from them in years....have to get some photos to post here soon.