ole reliable-Teknic Freeway Hi=Viz jacket-gr8 in the cold!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by robfilms, Jan 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. robfilms

robfilms Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i have the teknic freeway in hi-viz as my winter jacket.

it is old. maybe 7-8 years.

it has never let me down. it just works.

it is sunny and cold here in nyc.

there is a forecast of two snowstorms headed this way.

i figured i should take the fjr1300 out and stretch it's legs since it could be a week before the roads are snow, sand and salt free. plus, i like to keep the gas tank pretty full during the winter months so there is less air in the tank and i can up and ride without thinking about stopping to gas up.

the fjr1300 felt great. it is a very capable machine. i am now 7 months into it and it constantly impresses. yup, it is a bit nose heavy. yup, there are moments i look for a 6th gear (not need a 6th gear but look to shift into a 6th gear-there is a difference!)

i suited up with a turtleneck and a puffy jacket under the teknic freeway. that was all that was needed. put the grip heaters on and spent 90minutes riding up and down the hudson valley.

i am sure there are newer, better, safer, cooler, warmer, more capable jackets.

but for me, the ole reliable teknic freeway gets the job done.

BIG thumbs up.

rob
    Torquemada likes this.
  2. Torquemada

Torquemada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Feel precisely the same as you. Had mine seems like forever. I even tried to find the last version before they went under to no avail. Very well thought out design.