On Gobi but stil no rains

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by beba, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Dirt survivor

Dirt survivor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Better than reading national geographic !
  2. btrrtlwtr

btrrtlwtr Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    beba bsolutely excellent images, great write up thank you very much
    orv and CROSSBOLT like this.
  3. Ridemuch

Ridemuch Ciao

Oddometer:
    WoW just WOW...
    CROSSBOLT likes this.
  4. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Stunning pictures.
    CROSSBOLT likes this.
  5. Frey Bentos

Frey Bentos Probably doing a drawing. Or scratching my arse.

Oddometer:
    Beautiful stuff.
    CROSSBOLT likes this.
  6. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    Simply outstanding!
    CROSSBOLT likes this.
  7. Migolito

Migolito Prognosticator and MotoYogi

Oddometer:
    This is an Epic thread and Epic adventure in everyway.
  8. KTM 500 EXC Six Dais

KTM 500 EXC Six Dais Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Muchas gracias, ha sido muy bonito leer y las fotografías fantásticas-
  9. jetmonger

jetmonger Motoholic

Oddometer:
    Absolutely in awe! Awesome report! Thank you!
    orv likes this.
  10. orv

orv Busted butt Supporter

Oddometer:
    What they said above! What photo equipment are you using? Seems like these beautiful landscapes cry for some panoramic lens. Just incredible the wildness of the region, yet the normalcy of the inhabitants. They seem to get along with their environment quite well. And congratulations on your English writing...it may not be perfect, but we can easily and perfectly follow along and understand your thoughts. Good going and best wishes on future adventures. We're ready to read!
  11. td63

td63 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Phenomenal. And really glad you finished it and popped it back on our radar so we could finish it too.
  12. kroll

kroll n00b

Oddometer:
    Fantastic ride report! Your pictures are simply stunning.
    CROSSBOLT likes this.
  13. JimRidesThis

JimRidesThis Local celebrity

Oddometer:
    Wow! What a fantastic trip, thank you for sharing your photographs and story with us. :thumb
    CROSSBOLT likes this.
  14. bungen

bungen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Loving it. Great write up and unbelievable photos. Thank you.
    CROSSBOLT likes this.
  15. beba

beba Adventurer

Oddometer:
    17th day

After yesterday and night storms was clear morning. In map I saw road across mountains from Bat-Olzii to Ujanga. I went up along river to pass. Every where around road was deep forest. Pass 2252 m, beautiful view to country. Up from pass was high mountain landscape with mountain pine. Road to pass was easy, past time that was construct from stones. Down from pass was still good, but river crossing was problem. Few small rivers cross road on grass meadow. Bridges were damaged. I must difficulty plan my pass; I explore by foot. Mud was everywhere. I made orientation point from stones, jacket, helmet. I pass everything good, but any mistake finish in deep mud. I meet few gers and herd of cows. Next pass had 2369 m. Next valley with flowered meadows and small rivers and no bridges. I was very slowly but landscape was beautiful. After last pass was gold mine. Whole valley was destroyed by mining, horrible.

Just before Ujanga is road up to mountains to Eight lakes natural reserve. By my information nice place, but road cross river many times. And river was over flooded.

From Ujanga I went 10 km across desert to Arwajcheer. Ugly city I didn’t stop here. After next 50km by road to UB I switch from tarmac road to north. Nice green hills, sometime forest, no rivers, lines in grass. 70 km to Khujirt. There is thermal spring and warm bath. But bath is big communist buildings. I bought petrol and leave to steppe.

Was evening and I found place for night. First, I stopped at ger, where was little children. But man, from ger, was drunk and I run away. I went across steppe without road to next hill. Here was ger with old pair. There invite me and I slept next to they ger.
    DSC_2795-Edit.jpg DSC_2808.jpg DSC_2812.jpg DSC_2814.jpg DSC_2822-Edit.jpg DSC_2827.jpg DSC_2828.jpg
    Sparky Lee, Amphib, thirsty 1 and 9 others like this.
  16. beba

beba Adventurer

Oddometer:
    18th day

My neighborhood wake-up early morning. They pick up goats and cow and transport they on small truck to Tsetserleg to market. I visited Shankh monastery. It is tourist place, but early morning was empty. In Tsetserleg I bought petrol and food and I avoid monastery. I visited it ten years ago and now there was many tourists. By asphalt road I heading to Ogii nuur. Asphalt finished before lake. Lake is nice from far, but around lake are many ger camps and local tourist which swim and fishing. I continue east, first by gravel road and next by asphalt. 200 km by asphalt to Lun, where main road from west connected. River Tull was flooded. After few kilometers I switched right to Khustay national park. It is one of three home of Przevalsky horse. In park is prohibited to camp, I slept at lodge. I must pay entry fee, included was shower and I can place tent out of lodge to grass. Many tourists were here. Evening was big storm and heavy rain.

P8180338.jpg P8180339.jpg P8180340.jpg
    Sparky Lee, Amphib, bomose and 10 others like this.
  17. beba

beba Adventurer

Oddometer:
    19th day

I woke up 5´o clock morning, before sunrise. Without guide (they offered me him) I went cross park. Here is one valley, who I remember from last visit. Here is creak and every morning horses are here. After morning they move up to hills, where public access is not permitted. I watched two hours few groups of horses. But I don’t have tele zoom lens.

DSC_2836.jpg DSC_2864.jpg DSC_2869.jpg DSC_2878.jpg DSC_2882.jpg
  18. beba

beba Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Next way to UB I din’t want go by asphalt road. It is main road with heavy traffic. I crossed Khustay park to opposite side and along Tull river I went north east to UB. First, I miss switch of lines in grass. I short cut dry riverbed. When I climb up, I fall down to marmot hole. Marmot escape and loudly screech.
    By gravel lines in grass I follow river Tuul. Nice way, but after few km there was military space. I ignore tables and continue. I meet group of soldiers; they practice get on to horses. I didn’t stop and escape from military space.
    I didn’t visit UB, I avoid city south across city Zuunmod. Was cold, wind and rain. I finished in Terelj national park. It is nice area with many rocks and forest, but full of modern houses and people. I found quiet place on north of area on hill in forest under ovoo.
    DSC_2839.jpg DSC_2900.jpg IMG_20180819_184658_6.jpg DSC_2897.jpg
  19. CROSSBOLT

CROSSBOLT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just simply magnificent!
  20. beba

beba Adventurer

Oddometer:
    20th day

Nothing interesting. I went from Terelj across mountain pass to Gachuurt. There I left my bike in RiverPoint lodge. Perfect place if you don’t like cities like me. Owner Rene from Austria live there many years and he is very hospitable.

In UB I visit old locomotive museum, servis KTM (they don’t have too much spare parts) and at FEDEX office I pickup package. From home send me spare thermo switch. I slept in RiverPoint lodge. Morning I change thermoswitch and start to my last week in East Mongolia.
    thirsty 1 and CROSSBOLT like this.