1. eNewsletter Sign Up

On Gobi but stil no rains

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by beba, Dec 16, 2019.

1. beba

beba Adventurer

Oddometer:
    21th, 22th days

Aprox 200 km I went from UB by asphalt road. I saw biggest coal mine in Mongolia – Baganuur. This area also know by Mongolia methanol scandal, 14 people died. I crossed Cherlen river, was over flooded.

I saw few golden mine and in village Jargarlant I switch left from asphalt. Next way to Omondelger was by lines in grass on bottom of old dry lake. Around lake were old volcanos. In Omondelger I both petrol 92OCT and food. I asked local people for road to Baldan Bereeven Monastery. Local man only waved by hand along new power line. I followed power lines 70km, I crossed one river by bridge from tubes and I crossed second river by no deep river cross.
    DSC_3024.jpg

By my opinion Baldan Bereeven Monastery is most sacred / holy monastery on world. Old Buddhist monastery is hide in mountains, in deep forest, in rock amphitheater. Before communist regime there was 1000 monks and big school. Communist killed old monks and young monks was deported to gulags on Siberia. Nobody survived. Now here is only one building, which was reconstructed by volunteers from whole world. In reasonable distance from monastery on second side of valley is new house – school for monks. This place is too far for tourist and nobody are here. Only monks. I spent here two nice days.
    DSC_2967-Edit.jpg DSC_2925.jpg DSC_2931.jpg DSC_2951.jpg DSC_2958-Edit.jpg
  2. beba

beba Adventurer

Oddometer:
    22-30th day

My last destination in Mongolia was wooden cabin of my friend near Batchiret. It is near Russian border in taiga. Cabin is at river bed and in forest.

I had plan to go to cabin across mountains. But I not crossed first river near monastery. Too much water. I returned along power line direction to Omondelger. At bridge from tubes I switch north by lines in steppe. I must crossed one more river, cross was deep, but good bottom. After 6 hour of driving I arrive to cabin at river bed.

Next few days I fishing big trouts, every day I had fire, sometimes visited me neighborhood . Summer was finished, around river was many hay fields and people harvest hay. I made short trips along other rivers and I fishing. Also I tried to go along main river Onon direction to Russian border. I was stopped 20 km before border by military. I was surprised, commander spend few years with parents in Czech republic. We talk a lot.

After 8 days I returned to UB to RiverPoint. I left bike here, advfactory.com trasport it back home by truck.

Mongolia is great country! Next year I returned back, without moto and with my wife. We visited Atlai mountains, but it is other story.

DSC_3169.jpg DSC_3194.jpg DSC_3220-Pano.jpg DSC_3237.jpg DSC_3239-Edit.jpg
    thirsty 1, td63, lvscrvs and 10 others like this.
  3. btrrtlwtr

btrrtlwtr Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    THANK YOU FOR THE RR AND EXCELLENT VIBRANT PHOTOGRAPHY .Unfortunately I cant read the other ride
  4. Pete Pilot

Pete Pilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Excellent RR. Beautiful photos. I’m guessing photos are so green because of the many resent rains you write off. However the photos do seem more green than possible. I myself am rather fond of large open spaces that are SILENT!,,!! Thanks for this. Petepilot
  5. Essbee

Essbee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am so glad this got bumped up so that I saw it. Thank you Beba for sharing, this is adventure in its purest form! Your pictures are simply stunning! As someone said ; " better than reading National geographic! "
    Gonzago likes this.
  6. Didi66

Didi66 n00b

Oddometer:
    Great report, fantastic foto!
    Thank's for sharing