1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

On1Moto - Bay Area Built One-Wheel Dirt Bike Trailer

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by On1Moto, Jan 18, 2020.

1. On1Moto

On1Moto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Maybe you've spotted me over the past year testing this wonky trailer around the East Bay freeways and local riding spots.

I know these aren't for everybody, but possibly an option for the urbanite moto rider that is short on storage space (and vehicle capacity). I'm trying to get the word out.

I've got three pre-production units for sale; $999. More info on SF Craigslist.

Some specs here:

- Trailer weighs ~100lbs.
    - Hauls nearly all dirt bikes (300lb limit). Sorry, no street bikes – they don’t have enough ground clearance to clear the trailer tire.
    - Trailer is adjustable to fit many bike sizes from kid to adult.
    - Integrated “ramp” design, bike loads (and unloads) with no lifting.
    - You can un-couple and store the trailer without unloading the bike. The trailer with bike on it has just about the same footprint as just the bike itself. This setup also holds the bike upright and gives good access to for maintenance. In this configuration the front of the trailer rests on swiveling casters (with brakes), so it’s easy to wheel it around in the garage.
    - The empty trailer flips up and can be stowed on the back of the tow vehicle for transport.
    - In its Storage Configuration the empty trailer can be easily wheeled around on its casters and has ~ 62 x 32” footprint (or it can easily be leaned up against a wall, for an even smaller footprint).
    - Powder coated for high durability (pics in this ad are of a painted trailer, the powder coat looks a lot better).
    - Doesn’t track outside of the vehicle when being towed, so you don’t have to swing wide when turning.
    - Comes with the Bike Stand option (for showcasing your fly ride at the trailhead or in the pits).
    - Comes with the Fuel Jug Carrier option (gotta supply the fuel jug yourself, 5 gal Tuff jug type).
    - Works with Class II (or above) hitches with a 2” receiver opening.

FAQ’s:

Q - How does it stay upright?
    A - In place of a typical ball connection, On1Moto utilizes a universal joint for the coupling. The u-joint can articulate in all directions but does not allow twisting.

Q - Are they legal?
    A - Yes, On1Moto is compliant with all US state and federal laws and has passed the National Association of Trailer Manufactures (NATM) Compliance Verification Program.

Q - Do you have a version for 1-1/4” hitches?
    A - Not yet, working on it and hope to make it available by the end of 2020.

Q - Are they stable?
    A - Yes, I’ve logged thousands of miles behind several vehicles, over many types of roadway. They tow quite nicely.

Q - Do you offer it in other colors?
    A - Not on these first three. Going forward that might be an option.

Q - Do you have a website or vids online?
    A - No website yet, but there are some pics @On1Moto Instagram and some videos on YouTube (On1Moto Channel).

Thanks for reading and shoot me any questions you have to on1moto@yahoo.com

On1Moto Combo Pic.jpg
    On1Moto Motorcycle Trailer For Sale (2).JPG
    On1Moto Motorcycle Trailer For Sale (8).JPG
    On1Moto Motorcycle Trailer For Sale (11).JPG
  2. motocopter

motocopter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool! The bike stand is a good idea too.
  3. BIG-E

BIG-E AKA; Mongo-E, Sexy Grande Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just think, if this could be addapted to fit an Adventure bike!! Kinda like the Moto-Mule??

I always think about being able to carry my small bike behind my 1190. humm....
  4. redkerk84

redkerk84 that guy Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is great.
    Following the instagram.
    Any idea what the shipping costs would/will be?
  5. On1Moto

On1Moto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the stoke, guys!

Hi redkerk84, I don't yet, but I would be happy to find out for you. I designed it so the heaviest shipped part (there will be some assembly required) is under 70lbs, which has been the historic limit for standard rates with USPS and UPS (tho I hear it might be dropping to 50 lbs soon).

Be patient, I have some day-job work commitments over the next several weeks, but then I will experiment with boxing and pricing at local UPS store for you. Check back in with me (welcome to get my cell number from the San Francisco Trailers Craigslist section). If you want to secure 1 of the 3 now contact me about a small deposit.

Best,
    Justin
    redkerk84 likes this.
  6. redkerk84

redkerk84 that guy Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll shoot you a message about the deposit.
    I'm currently towing my bike with a single place kendon, this looks to be even better behind my car which is similar is size/power to the Scion you have in the pics.
  7. On1Moto

On1Moto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Frames are back from powdercoater, and final assembly is underway!

What do you think of the “Steel Gray”? If I was to offer other colors in the future, what do you suggest?

2E8CCA6B-0BCC-44D1-8C6D-52B5C90563B6.jpeg CEB486EF-4259-420F-8718-601E2ADA31EE.jpeg 2576C204-F356-48CC-8D54-70D606EB701A.jpeg
  8. Motoriley

Motoriley Still riding like crap after all these years.

Oddometer:
    Fantastic idea. Sadly my 701 is too porky as are most of the bikes my buddies ride.
  9. On1Moto

On1Moto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Official cargo capacity of On1Moto is 345lbs (this allows for a large dirtbike full of gas, with all accessories and additional jug of 5 gals fuel). Online specs show the 701 comes in at 320lbs. What's yours weigh outfitted with gear and fuel?
  10. On1Moto

On1Moto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It’s all in there!

Including the Bike Stand and Fuel Jug Accessories too.

Comes in at 133lbs including crate, box, and foam packing. Ships standard FedEx to your residence for about $150.

0BCF8B21-4489-43FA-99B0-5AB753730E0A.jpeg 68B910A5-5DE0-4F76-A776-C91B5C8A10D1.jpeg
  11. satur9

satur9 angry black guy

Oddometer:
    This is brilliant. .that Scion has a 2" hitch?. A class one hitch option would be incredible.whats the tonque weight of your setup. What's the max ground clearance needed to clear tire.i was looking at a mo tow with a 2" to 1 1/4 adaptor( yeah yeah I know). But I may have to wait for this instead.
  12. On1Moto

On1Moto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks satur9!

The tongue weight of On1Moto with a bike is about 50lbs. The bike needs to have at least 10-12” of ground clearance to provide clearance to the trailer tire.

I looked into the MoTow route myself too (even rigged up my own to test out the idea, pics below). One thing I don’t see mentioned anywhere online about this setup is that you cannot turn the car steering to full lock without binding the triple tree on the bike. If you don’t have to wind down narrow driveways or parking lots this may never pose a problem, but it killed the idea for me.

5D1B5DE0-A8AF-40C6-BF6A-FE6EEE8AD535.jpeg 6BE5D2D1-D706-4FB7-AF12-D801AF5A8600.jpeg
  13. On1Moto

On1Moto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This morning’s On1Moto customer (#2!) had way too trick of a ride to not share - check out this Vanagon!

7B08D6F3-46D2-4F90-B6EF-B384616B61D6.jpeg
    55862CF0-7435-4557-97D3-791DC4B540BE.jpeg
    82D02D56-1B12-432D-99A0-832F2A5CBFB1.jpeg
  14. satur9

satur9 angry black guy

Oddometer:
    Actually the mo tow Tows the rear wheel up. With a swivel hitch.(I also don't like the front wheel up ones) .still I like both wheels up better
  15. On1Moto

On1Moto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awe, that makes more sense! I was thinking of the cheaper eBay ones. I took a closer look online - that MoTow is pretty sweet. All stainless construction, made in the US and about as compact as it get for towing a street bike.
  16. On1Moto

On1Moto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don’t expect On1Moto “Duo” option to every leave the prototype phase, but figured I’d share.

Any experienced truckers out there wanna try to back this rig? :)

A495B391-1612-4A45-9B4C-102DB8DF705F.jpeg
    9CF65460-CCDB-4C90-825D-455F95D34CE4.jpeg 8E8E92AF-F959-4688-9211-AA68CC57F753.jpeg
  17. Motoriley

Motoriley Still riding like crap after all these years.

Oddometer:
    That is good news.
  18. On1Moto

On1Moto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Now that I find myself stuck in the house for way too many hours of the day, I went ahead and spliced together past vids and pics into a bit of a On1Moto Trailer "trailer" (hehe). This is my first attempt "editing" video...

Vid here: On1Moto Dirt Bike Trailer