One Desert, One Bike, One Rider…. Across the Mojave in a Day

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by Escondido, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Escondido

Escondido n00b

Oddometer:
    Well that is what it says and I hopefully plan to finish it. If you are next to a computer next week you are welcome to come on in and enjoy the ride with me.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:ApplyBreakingRules/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Join me, as I ride across the middle of the Mojave Desert in a day with an off-road motorcycle that was set up especially for this trip. This trip has been in the works for some time and should go smooth, however things can happen in the desert heat and you will have a front row seat for the trip from your computer or phone. This route will go across towering sand dunes and ranges of wind swept valleys that continue as far as the eye can see. No chase truck, just a GPS beacon, an extra gallon of gas and supplies. It is all takes place in our backyard here in Southern California Thursday the 12th bright and early. See you.

Beginning from Kingman, AZ and finishing at Rialto, CA

Live Map link for 6/12/14: https://share.delorme.com/escondido
    Password: 1234
    <!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->

Attached Files:

Wierdrider likes this.
  2. Escondido

Escondido n00b

Oddometer:
    Close up of the bike.

Attached Files:

3. aequitas3

aequitas3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did you make it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. AngryRed

AngryRed Lost in Cyber Space

Oddometer:
    Looks like he made it based on his track from the URL. Would have been cool to hear the story though.
  5. kemon78

kemon78 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can you post up the gpx for this, interested to see your route and hear about it÷