One Lap of Vegas

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by MacMcMacmac, Mar 10, 2019.

1. MacMcMacmac

MacMcMacmac Struttin' n frettin'

Oddometer:
    Well, I'll be in Vegas for my niece's wedding May 19-25. I was hoping to maybe rent a bike for a few days and look around. The desert southwest always fascinated me, pretty much the complete opposite of Canada in every way. Some sun is sorely needed right now believe me!

Anyhow, I was hoping to sample a few bikes while I was there. I blame ADV Rider, but a Guzzi was near the top of the list, maybe a V7 or V9. All I can seem to find right now for Guzzis is the Stelvio or California Tourer, neither of which interest me much. If I can't get what I want Guzzi-wise, I think I'll sample a 1200 Sporty or Low Rider and a T120 while I am there. I was toying with renting a supercar for the day, but knowing my luck....

Can anybody recommend a particular company to deal with, or recommend a nice day trip while I am there? i was thinking Hoover Dam but it seems to be quite a bit further away from Vegas than I thought. It's sort of a semi family reunion as well (7 siblings plus associated nieces/nephews), so I don't plan on doing 8 hrs in the saddle or anything. I am thinking of this as a reallllly long test ride! Probably easier than trying to snag one at the dealer nowadays actually.
  2. MacMcMacmac

Oddometer:
    I would probably like to take i n a shooting range while I'm there as well.

Really looking forward to this trip!
  3. ADVSaint

ADVSaint Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Eagle Rider will have the best selection of bikes to choose from. My. Charleston, Valley of Fire, & the Dam are good places to visit and see that Vegas is more than the Strip..
  4. MacMcMacmac

Oddometer:
    Well crap, someone told the the dam was 4 hrs away from Vegas! Hell, I could almost make it to LA by then.

Looks like it would be a fun afternoon jaunt.
  5. RedDogAlberta

RedDogAlberta High Plains Drifter

Oddometer:
    Las Vegas to Boulder is 26 miles. Nice ride for breakfast.
  6. desert sled

desert sled trail rider

Oddometer:
    hey, check eventbrite and convention calendar , also check restaurants that you might like , mt charleston real nice , north rim of grand canyon near there , take a few extra days
  7. Kyle E

Kyle E n00b

Oddometer:
    Euro Cycle Las Vegas Does BMW rentals and other Euro brands. I don't know if they rent Guzzi, but they are the Guzzi/Triumph/BMW dealer here in town.

Like RedDog said The dam is an hour round trip or so from the strip.
    You can go to the Dam, they have a couple levels of tours, but one for like $20 gets you into the generator room. Worth it to see the big turbines.

On the way back you can do a half lap of the lake out to Valley of Fire, do the touristy bit there (petroglyphs and such) then back to Vegas on I15. You can do that whole trip in 3~ hours of riding time if leaving from the Strip.

Machine gun shooting depends on what type of experience you want.If you want to have a big package deal and shoot belt fed stuff, Battefield Vegas is the place to go. If you just want to shoot 50 rounds out MP5 and a Thompson type experience The Gun Store on Tropicana is going to be the more reasonably priced.

If you have any specific questions let me know.