"ONE LESS HARLEY" liscense plate frame

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by One Less Harley, Jun 15, 2007.

1. USMCG_Spyder

USMCG_Spyder RPOC pilot

Oddometer:
    :thumb

LN's don't aspire to "outlaw" status; don't want it, don't need it, has zip to do with our mission. We're not a support club, we claim no territory, we're apolitical, we're just Jarheads who like to ride. We don't need to run around acting like badasses - 232 years of history speaks for itself.

As far as the other clubs go, their desire to be noticed and have attention paid to them depends on the club I guess. Most of them are just going about their daily business and couldn't care less what John Q. Public thinks. They don't do what they do for fame and fortune, it's a lifestyle to them (as hard as that may be to understand, it remains a fact). 1% clubs don't care about you or what you do until worlds collide - if you leave them alone generally you will be left alone. You start baggin' on their bike and you can pretty much bet you're gonna get some unwanted attention paid to you :evil

As I said before, there is always that 10% in every crowd. Sure, there are RUBs/posers out there, and some dudes like to roll all hard with their leather, pipes and attitude actin' stupid. I figure as long as it doesn't put me in a bind let 'em be. Chuckle and move on. Judging everyone based on the actions of a few is just plain stupidity. Assuming leather+pipes=RUB could prove painful. Hell, even if he IS a RUB that doesn't mean he can't kick your ass :thumb

As far as being loud, yeah, some guys out there have rowdy bikes. I don't see it as anything different than having a rowdy '60-something hotrod but you don't see folks crying about those around here, just the bikes :confused

I know I'm wasting my breath here. Some folks have an overwhelming need to pass judgement on other folks to make themselves feel superior, try to make others feel bad, whatever the case may be. It's early, I'm at work and I have nothing better to do until the crew-change helicopter shows up :D

Y'all have fun perpetuating the cycle with your little plate holders :rolleyes
  2. Bender

Bender I can pass this guy..

Oddometer:
    Yeah baby, I want one too!
  3. USMCG_Spyder

USMCG_Spyder RPOC pilot

Oddometer:
    As a side note (and I'm not picking on you specifically) "should" and "shouldn't" isn't the same as "will" and "won't" :deal
  4. wsdbikes

wsdbikes New Max is Mad

Oddometer:
    +1
    well said.
    I think we need a few plate holders that say "not another (CAR, Truck, 4x4, KTM, Honda, Victory, Dick, Squid, Dork....pick your insult)" That way everyone can play.:rofl

In my experience most of the HD folks are just like the rest of us, Job, Kids, mortgage, car payments etc......oh yeah they also ride.

I think the real problem that should be focused on is the friggin BASS coming out of car stereos:kboom
  5. Boojum

Boojum I Miss the PartyBoss

Oddometer:
    As people are a product of their surroundings, I call them like I see them. So, here in Chattanooga, TN, and the southeast, That's what I see, and experience. As far as loud bikes are equal to Loud, 60's muscle cars :huh Where the hell are they? Harleys loud ass pipes are 100 to 1 to a 60's muscle car. A Harley is the only motorcycle that will have a line of "Cars" lined up behind them! Jeeez! I'm NOT a rice rocket rider, ride overly fast or unsafe. I just want to do at least the SPEED LIMIT!

+1 on that BullShit BASS coming out of cars!!!!
  6. USMCG_Spyder

USMCG_Spyder RPOC pilot

Oddometer:
    I understand where you're coming from, dude, I really do. But stop and consider they don't (for whatever reason). Who's right? They're certainly not breaking the law - key word here is "limit".

When we go on a club ride we do it at a pace that allows us to enjoy the surroundings and also have a margin of safety that is important when riding fairly close. We don't want to be spread to Hell and back - sometimes the Road Captain might be the only one who knows the route.

I can speak for my chapter when I say we are courteous to cagers, we don't run rolling roadblocks and we don't act like assholes on the road. We have a reputation to live up to as motorcyclists and Marines. Other clubs? Maybe not so much.

All I am preaching here is tolerance.
  7. Boojum

Boojum I Miss the PartyBoss

Oddometer:
    That's Cool! Your OK in my book, Spyder! You don't sound like people I run across, So we'll agree to disagree just a bit!:lol3 You Ride, I Ride, so we're both part of the same crowd! We're Even Now! :thumb :nod

Boojum!
  8. Ammo

Ammo Lost and Don't Care

Oddometer:
    I would thave to think that 'for whatever reason' is that without glasses helmets, you know, gear... its just not comfortable to run over 40 mph

thats the story around the midwest also, blue hairs get stacked up behind some "biker" trying to act cool and make sure everyone sees him and his shiney boat anchor since he went through all the trouble to play dress up that day

9. dmac57

dmac57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was thinking the same. The volume may be comparable, but the prevalence isn't even close.
    That's not really true. The pokealong phenomenon can be found in any klatch of v-twin cruisers in the twisties. But I get your drift.

USMCG_Spyder-If all I had to put up with was the 1 percenters and their ilk, I'd be fine with them, Harleys and cruisers in general. But I/we have to put up with thousands of loud-ass bikes of that type. Harley hasn't done and shows no inclination to do anything to promote responsible motorcycling especially in terms of noise. So, outside of the chance of an ass-whuppin or finding the GS or the Triumph on its side, I hugely enjoy the sentiment from the plate frame.
  10. USMCG_Spyder

USMCG_Spyder RPOC pilot

Oddometer:
    :thumb

:freaky
  11. One Less Harley

One Less Harley OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer:
  12. idea man

idea man Remote Plate Spinner Supporter

Oddometer:
  13. One Less Harley

One Less Harley OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer:
    I sold quite a few of these at the 2007 MOA rally in West Bend, home territory of the HD, and didn't get beat up or even confronted as some neanderthals had suggested.. It was quite fun watching the reactions at the rally.... very interesting and entertaining! They ranged, from just a slight grin, “I know where you’re coming from,” “I would but I ride w/ some people on Harley’s,” “Not on my bike as I might get beat up,” (this ain’t the seventies!!), but people found the plate humorous. Such a wide range of comments and I enjoyed talking to many people about their bikes and mine of course.

14. Ron_Ces

Ron_Ces Aging Hacker

Oddometer:
  15. farmer fred

farmer fred Banned

Oddometer:
    Grammatically, it should read "One Fewer Harley."
  16. Ron_Ces

Ron_Ces Aging Hacker

Oddometer:
    We all should loosen up and stop taking ourselves so seriosly. I get laughed at and called a power ranger when I wear my stich. I am not going to push someone's bike over for it. The sticker on the side of my GS says "loud pipes make noise", the worst I got while parked was a big loogie stuck to it. I bought the sticker at the B-Cubed BMW rally in Daytona during bike week. I tried to find the "the louder the pipes, the smaller the dick" sticker but I came up empty. :rofl
    Ron
  17. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    Retired Marines riding around in Leather chaps and doo rags....
    This I've GOT to see. Hey Spyder do you have any pics?

Whats the club name? Semper Cycle?:lol3

My Dad and all his biker buddies WERE 1%er's. Not one of them was a dentist or a lawyer and I can tell you that ass kickings did happen. I can't believe that any of that shit can really still go on after all these years.
    I guess Texas is the exception.

Texan/marine/bikers are more prone to being tough guys with no sense of humor? Never:lol3