ONTARIO ADVride - FIGHT CLUB - Aug.16th 2008

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Ooobah-Moto, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Ooobah-Moto

Ooobah-Moto Banned

Oddometer:
    "This was the principal trail for the Rockcliffe 100 Enduro 87/92 and is used by the snowmobile club and the jeep crowd ( whom I’m told have rutted it up badly over the years). It was 25 kms long and the toughest, uninterrupted enduro trail in its day and probably has no equal even on today’s enduro circuit."

Steve - TekRider

[​IMG]

This is an open invitation for experienced riders looking for a serious challenge. Ride what you bring, little dawg or big dawg... but it best be shod with serious knobbies and engine guards!<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Total (off-road) distance will be ~150km's of some of the most rewarding riding you've ever done. There will be option-out area's along the route at 20-30km intervals - from these points you will be able to access provincial roads.<o:p></o:p>
    This ride will test your physical and mental abilities. As such, bike preparedness is essential as is your physical condition. Full gear is 100% essential. <o:p></o:p>
    A large group is not expected, however the riders in attendance will offer all hands on deck up seemingly impossible climbs and will help each other up km-after-km.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p>
    </o:p>

COST: FREE<o:p></o:p>
    When: Saturday, August 16th, 2008<o:p></o:p>
    Where: Just North of <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Minden</st1:place></st1:city>, Ont. - The Highlands Motel – (~200km's North of <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Toronto</st1:place></st1:city>) Directions
    <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p>Those leaving from <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Toronto</st1:place></st1:city> - a group will be leaving <st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Exhibition Place</st1:address></st1:street>, Prince's Gate at 6:00am
    We will make two stops at pre-designated areas to pick up riders who live north of Toronto. As an incentive to join the group on the ride up, we will be using a high speed (mostly off-road) route - it will be a blast (+ it will save those all important knobbies)!!!! - SEE THE ATTACHED FILE FOR THE ROUTE (+ all necessary tracks and waypoints)

NEW START TIMES:

Leaving Prince's Gate (Exhibition Place) - Toronto - 6AM SHARP!

GROUP BREAKFEST + DEBREIF
    @ Tekrider
    - 9:00AM (location - click here)
    [​IMG]

Arrival/Departure: Highland Motel

9:45 - 10:15AM

<o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p>Accommodations: it's advised that you have accommodations arranged for Saturday evening, as we will end late in the evening and the ride home will be pure agony.<o:p></o:p>
    As such, The Highlands Motel has been selected as ground zero for Saturday night.<o:p></o:p>
    Overnight gear, panniers, beer, ect.. can be left at the motel for the day. If trailering your bike up for the weekend is preferred, your car and trailer can be left in the parking lot for the duration of your stay.

More details to come - along with reconnaissance pictures.<o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]
    Courtesy of DW

ATTACHED IS AN UPDATED GPX FILE (as of July 29th - revision: daytrip route) - PLEASE UPDATE YOUR FILES WITH THIS ONE

Attached Files:

2. Moto North

Moto North Ontario ADV Rider

Oddometer:
    If there are climbs that will need assistance even on smaller bikes it sounds like it would be absolutely stupid to take a 950!:yikes ......I'm in! :lol3
  3. GP640

GP640 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh to be there .....

You should go to the Rockliffe Hotel, the last group of riders that hung out there weren't the sort to wear the BMWpajamas if you know what I mean.

When you're going through Miners Bay, look across the lake and you'll see my old cottage.
  4. RumRunner

RumRunner Sit there, turn that

Oddometer:
    Tee Hee Hee...

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="https://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/v/vid88.photobucket.com_albums_k182_IlapU2_FightClubRide.flv">

DW
  5. drcool

drcool R.I.P. Dave

Oddometer:
    Uber,
    We really need to do a better job syncronizing the ADV calendar. I punched a hole in my clutch cover and blackened my knees on Saturday practicing for shit like this(good thing for the extra outer skin on the clutch cover). But alas I will be hitching the wagons and headed to Lake Erie for a week on the beach.

The DRZ comes to but we will be roosting the St.Williams forest and may even try to get out on Long Point with some permission from the local authorities.
  6. Ooobah-Moto

Ooobah-Moto Banned

Oddometer:
    We can photoshop your head into some of the pictures (for a small fee) :D
  7. Ooobah-Moto

Ooobah-Moto Banned

Oddometer:
    ...Darren, you're amazing! I thank babé jayzus I met you!
  8. MTRhead

MTRhead HOLYSHIFT!!!

Oddometer:
    Sounds intense Uber, nice :evil :thumb
  9. Ooobah-Moto

Ooobah-Moto Banned

Oddometer:
    .....I'm just tryin to make it sound intense.... really, it's just a walk in the park :augie :lol3

........ Speaking of which, Alex and I were working on my bike last night until 3am, repairing the damage from riding "Fight Club" last week.
  10. drcool

drcool R.I.P. Dave

Oddometer:
    Could you photoshop me some new knees instead?
  11. Ooobah-Moto

Ooobah-Moto Banned

Oddometer:
    Between June 28th - July 8th, I'll be vacationing near Minden (on Little Bob Lake).....I'll scout the route and fine tune it. Anyone up in that neck of the woods - feel free to drop me a line..... I need some guinea pigs!!!....:lol3....:pot
  12. adiablolex

adiablolex Lost again

Oddometer:
    I'm in, I'm in :lobby

Mike, whatever you do, DONOT scout these areas by yourself. One more rider at least. If something critical happens, it's a good two day walk outta there.(if you can outrun the wildlife that is):bubba
    I may be able to volunteer for the scouting mission (schedule allowing)

Oh and Rummie.........:rofl :lol3 :freaky :photog :super that clip was too funny man........
  13. Ooobah-Moto

Ooobah-Moto Banned

Oddometer:
    I forgot to metion this..... crank up the preload on those forks. Better yet, order some stiffer springs.... you're gunna need it!!!!! :deal
  14. RumRunner

RumRunner Sit there, turn that

Oddometer:
    And make sure you get some of these, some of those sections have no footing.:huh :lol3

[​IMG]

DW
  15. adiablolex

adiablolex Lost again

Oddometer:
    these look like Tina's shitkicking boots :norton
  16. adiablolex

adiablolex Lost again

Oddometer:

what MX boots ? :viking :scratch :tb
  17. RobbieO

RobbieO Muskokatard

Oddometer:
    Maybe if you didn't spend so much time pleading with the wife for time to ride..........:rofl
  18. drcool

drcool R.I.P. Dave

Oddometer:
    Hey, thats not fair. I wear knee pads when I plead. Stupid me took off the knee braces on Saturday because it was so hot. Next thing you know I've got a DRZ laying on my right knee in the middle of the trail.
  19. Ooobah-Moto

Ooobah-Moto Banned

Oddometer:
    ..... you sure you weren't riding "Fight Club"..... sounds very familiar (x5)!!!! :huh
  20. drcool

drcool R.I.P. Dave

Oddometer:
    A friends back yard if you might know. I will have to introduce YFF's. It's a great spot for practice and there's a 2000sqft garage for those pesky repairs. If we had a dozer the MX track would be more interesting. For now there is no air to be had.