Ontario Bon Echo Area

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Yeffer, Jul 18, 2019.

1. smashley

smashley Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info. I am route planning right now for our trip in a couple of weeks. I have done Hughes Landing from Weslemkoon to 41, so was not considering that this time. I was trying to decide between Hughes Landing to that unnamed road that goes by Merrill Lake and Stoll Lake and out to 41, or Pine View Ridge / Cleveland Road / Wolf Lake Road / Lingham Lake Road to 41. Might have to change plans and just do both.

I wasn't sure if Pine View Ridge went through though, because Google seems to show a possible gap.
    Pine View Ridge.jpg
  2. Meet@Trudys

Meet@Trudys Hoser

Oddometer:
    Yeah it goes through, there are two forks. First you will see a trail leaving to the left, which is a super long numbered (cannot remember the E### trail designation) trail that is quite rough and takes you north-east back to Skootamatta Lake Rd. [50m down that trail there is a neat old shack/bus combination.] Ignore that and keep going. Next you will hit a fork, going straight at this point you are headed directly towards Hwy 62, and connect with the Heritage Trial. Going left allows you to continue on to Clevland Rd.

Another nice loop in the area is Sleeper Lake road, which is named on google maps coming off Mayo Lake Rd. I generally loop Egan Creek road to Arda Trail (Quirks Rd on Google) to Sleeper Lake Road, follow to the end, swing back towards Mayo Lake road and take Birch Lake Rd. back to Egan Creek Trail. When you get back to Egan Creek Trail at that point head north a few km's. There you will hit Grassy Lake Trail which goes past The Chain Lakes which are beauties and will lead you to Grassy Lake, which has the best site in the whole area apart from Merrill Lake.

I'm guessing that the Hydro Line road from Merrill to Stoll Lake is quite rough, haven't hit that section yet but by the time you get off of it to head to Merrill it is getting rougher. All depends on what kind of terrain you are seeking. I will check it out in a couple weeks and let you know, cheers.
    smashley likes this.
  3. Tim - DO THE TON

Tim - DO THE TON Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I talked with you I think about the Teneres (you were on the black one?) at the Kaladar Shell (bikes were dirty by then).

Heading back up to the cabin this weekend and hoping to get my DRZ out on some of the trails.
    Meet@Trudys likes this.
  4. stewe

stewe n00b

Oddometer:
    That was I on the black one, send me your cell #, will give you a heads up if i am out that way this weekend which is most likely.
  5. Tim - DO THE TON

Oddometer:
    Sorry didn’t see this till now. Just got back from a quick run to Kaladar for gas and passed three guys on the 108 between there and West Gate Road.

012FE677-5F1C-40DD-9DD5-5374FE5E9682.jpeg
  6. Runaway Train

Runaway Train The Left-Right Tourer

Oddometer:
    I spent a day and a half riding around the Kawarthas this summer on my old Can Am. Great country for riding, except I have no one to ride with. I got into some trouble in a swamp on the hydro cut north of Norland and wasn’t sure I’d even get out. Gotta find me a friend to ride with that was a close one. Looking forward to a ride or two nex5 summer. Definitely look further east.

Attached Files:

Meet@Trudys likes this.
  7. tennyis

tennyis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have explored this area a little bit, but have some nice options now thanks to this thread! Will have to go check some out on Saturday.
  8. tennyis

tennyis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Road this area today, lots and lots of trails branching off the road to go back and explore! I'm busy next weekend but hoping to go back the weekend of the 27th if anyone else is interested.
    Meet@Trudys likes this.
  9. Tim - DO THE TON

Oddometer:
    I'll check with the family and see if I can arrange to get out to the country. Where were you looking to ride?
  10. Meet@Trudys

Meet@Trudys Hoser

Oddometer:
    Time for me to bump this thread back up. Headed out for a ride Wednesday or Thursday if anyone is around. I am going to stay off the EOTA trails and check out some of the new logging activity along the north side of Weslemkoon Lake Rd., visit some of the usual sites along Egan Creek Trail, and loop over to McArthur Mills probably. I have a family cottage on Limerick Lake if someone needs a staging area. Shoot me a message and let me know if you are interested, and if you can't make it give me a heads up and I will join you next time. Quick paced pre-run of some forest access/logging roads.
  11. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Bring a friend. There's still some really soft areas that'll swallow a bike even on gravel roads (the lightly traveled ones).
    Meet@Trudys likes this.
  12. Oshawa boy

Oshawa boy not a kid anymore

Oddometer:
    Good little rip..106km. Still some snow/ice but it will all be gone by next week. Thanks for the tour. 20210407_110348.jpg
    Meet@Trudys, EmmEff and gpfan like this.