1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Ontario Dual Sport and Off Road clubs to join

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Leystone, Mar 17, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Leystone

Leystone Back in the saddle

Oddometer:
    I've been riding solo, and trying to get some road only buddies to ride with but frankly I'd like to broaden my network of riders and events.

I live in Toronto, have a place up near Parry Sound, and a buddy out in Kingston. Majority of my riding to date has been in the Ganaraska forest area and around Port Perry.

Looking for reco's on clubs to join - primarily interested in off road rides and clubs, dual sport second. Any reco's from the ADV collective here?
  2. Oshawa boy

Oshawa boy not a kid anymore

Oddometer:
    I've been riding offroad and dualsport for 25yrs. Joined many a club but none of them really worked out for me. Had a group of guys that I rode with until they all quit riding. Ridden with the odd guy here and there ever since. Currently a member of the Haliburton and Kawartha trailriders. Didn't ride with anyone from those clubs last year ! Many people join the Ontario Dualsport club but their website is pretty quiet. I'm in oshawa and generally just go solo cause I'm not waiting around. 63 yrs old so no time to waste lol. Got myself a nice local dualsport route, Ganny, ride out to Northumberland, ride up to the Kawarthas. Ridden Madawaska area and south/east of Bancroft and Calabogie hopefully get back there this year.
    Joel ph likes this.
  3. NORTH RIDER

NORTH RIDER Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is a club in Sudbury . STARA ( Sudbury Trail adventure riders association ? ) I know some of the people involved and they are pretty accomplished riders . I think They have big bike rides ( think ktm990/950 ) and lots small trail bike rides .

northrider
    GR0NK likes this.
  4. Taylorericjohn

Taylorericjohn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have you looked at Simcoe County Off Road Riders Association (SCORRA)? The SCORRA trails are fantastic and they have a website where people do post up casual rides etc. If you join OFTR there are a few good clubs out there
    Meet@Trudys likes this.
  5. Meet@Trudys

Meet@Trudys Hoser

Oddometer:
    I will second the previous post above as well. OFTR Membership gets you legal trail access, and signing up to the specific SCORRA club within your OFTR membership gives you the maps for Simcoe County Forest etc. The Simcoe County Adventure Riders have a very active facebook group, I tagged a long with a few group rides last year great group of riders. Many in the group have smaller dual sports as well, and will split off for more trail orientated rides. Lastly, I am always looking for people to ride with, let me know if you are ever up in the Peterborough to Bancroft corridor, cheers.
  6. Vikingtazz

Vikingtazz Will ride for food.

Oddometer:
    Meet@Trudys likes this.
  7. Taylorericjohn

Oddometer:
    @Meet@Trudys meet at Trudy's as in the Trudy's just outside of Bancroft? Great butter tarts and beer store!
    Meet@Trudys likes this.
  8. Meet@Trudys

Meet@Trudys Hoser

Oddometer:
    You know where to find me! Always looking to meet people there and show off the area - spent every summer there riding and exploring trails.
    Taylorericjohn likes this.
  9. Leystone

Oddometer:
    I have inlaws in Port Perry, so if I'm ever out that way I'll shoot you a PM. Would love to see some other routes other than Ganny.

From the OFTR website, this club seemed to be the most active. I have not done any riding up in Simcoe forests so it'd be great to try out. I will PM you for rides out in Peterborough area for sure!

Going to check this out.

Thanks guys, good start for me.
    Meet@Trudys likes this.
  10. Taylorericjohn

Oddometer:
    My buddies mom has a cottage on Steenburg lake. I have spent a few summers riding up there. Haven't been there in a few years though. Love the area!
  11. cambam

cambam I can't dance, so I Ride!

Oddometer:
    Meet@Trudys likes this.
  12. Schmittenhymer

Schmittenhymer Northern Gravelholic

Oddometer:
    ODSC has a Facebook page too.
  13. Leystone

Oddometer:
  14. EmmEff

EmmEff Long timer

Oddometer:
    When you get a membership to OFTR, you can pick your club. I pick SCORRA and ODSC to gain the access to the latter's forum.
    Leystone and Meet@Trudys like this.