Ontario Motorcycle roads

Discussion in 'Canada' started by RCR001, May 12, 2020.

1. RCR001

RCR001 MOTO CHASER Supporter

Oddometer:
    Had this around for a while now, Its several year old but still a goodie ontario_bikeroads (2).jpg
  2. GiddyThump

GiddyThump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. bobbyh

bobbyh Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The guy used to be a regular on GTAMotorcycle.com. I haven't seen him post for a while. I was looking at that map just last night to plan a eastern On route for this Saturday. My wifey rides her own bike so i'm just trying to plan out pee breaks for her. Damn Covid 19!
    GiddyThump likes this.
  4. shanekingsley

shanekingsley Motoman

Oddometer:
  5. bobbyh

bobbyh Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've read and used that collection of yours. It's been helpful over the years. So many rides are generated on the computer/ Gps , then somewhere , the ride falls into disarray when the eventual unexpected happens. Thanks for the posting you've done and someday some of us should get together for an update. Thanks and stay safe.
  6. Smashy

Smashy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I referred to that map when i first started riding so thanks for making it. I've been on most of those roads. Now that I got an adventure bike it would be great if somebody could compile a similar map for dirt/gravel roads.
  7. shanekingsley

shanekingsley Motoman

Oddometer:
    Thanks all, but I can't take credit for making it. I started riding in 2003 and it was made in 2002. Funny that it was made by 'King' and I go by Shanekingsley. I had saved it on my computer and shortly afterward it was taken down from the web, so I have hosted it myself for about 15 years for all to access.

In 2004 when I wanted to start going for longer rides, but didn't know any of the roads, I came across the map. I then printed off various sections of it and laminated them and would head out on 10-14 hour rides just exploring these areas by myself. I would put the laminated maps in the map pocket of my tank bag and write out my turn by turn directions using the Ontario Backroads map and after a few years, I had ridden all the roads and many more. I started to find that the original map was a little outdated, with tons of amazing roads not included there, so I started the thread on GTAM about 10 years ago, which is a more comprehensive collection and sorted by region.

Once I started exploring the US between Ontario and Deals Gap on a regular basis, I started another thread to keep track the best of the best US roads that so many of us frequent: https://www.gtamotorcycle.com/xf/threads/stateside-roads-the-twistier-the-better.199572/ , which has the best of PA, WV,VA, NC and TN. I still have to add the roads I've explored through NY, OH, KY & GA

Anytime you want a route or a suggestion - just message me and I'll gladly help.
    JoeFab likes this.
  8. RCR001

Oddometer:
    Great work! I had just ordered a print copy for my cargo trailer and thought i better share it. Actually went and did a few lines yesterday!
  9. Candubrain

Candubrain Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where did you order a printed copy? I would like to do the same.
    thanks
    brian
  10. RCR001

Oddometer:
    Sent it as a Jpeg to Costco Photo , get a large one
    Candubrain likes this.
  11. Candubrain

Candubrain Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thank you