Ontario - Spring Kick-off Ride!!!!!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Ooobah-Moto, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Fin

Fin Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer:
    Yeeeehaaaaaawwwwww!!!! We're off to see the Uber!!! :D Looks like a great day for a ride.

Fin
  2. Derwood

Derwood Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I kinda blew the picture here, but I stood on the Burnamthorpe bridge over the 427 this morning hoping to catch a shot of all you guys going by... Hope you had a great day! (heading out myself for a shorter ride later today)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Decided to load up the boy and head for grandmas placce in Montreal instead. Slab, but it sure was nice to be out riding. :D

Hope you guys had fun. :ricky
  4. kahoon

kahoon who's yer daddy??

Oddometer:
    Man, that was one heck of an impressive turn out. I didn't count, but I'd say at least 25-30 bikes :huh

:clap:clap:clap:clap

[​IMG]

Great to be back on the saddle, what an awesome day :thumb
  5. Ooobah-Moto

Ooobah-Moto Banned

Oddometer:

Dude, that was you?

I saw you on top of the bridge, and thought you had a GUN!! I nearly shit my pants! I even ducked!!

LOL!

Well,you sure got some nice 'shots'!!!

While I'm at it, I have to say sorry to some of my BMW friends (Hans, Fin, Carlo and Kareem), I think I might have pissed you guys off when we started taking some of the off-road options.

And sorry to some others about the machine gun pelting of rocks at that one one corner where I tried to spin my bike around. Ya, it hit the rev limiter and then I dropped it!

Things got a bit difficult after Belfountain, especially through Orangeville! My fault, shouldn't have routed us through town.Rumrunner was right when he said we won't make into Creemore as one big group. That's why I hoped most would rely on their GPS. Alas, I think only six people managed to get it to work! It was still like the blind leading the blind!

And don't even get me started about the ice on the Forks of the Credit River RD. !!!

As for the good stuff!

Well, I hope that everyone had some fun, riding and meeting everyone else.

Did anyone count the official turned out? Maybe 40?!

I figure about 20 people made it to Creemore, the food was great.. and the service too! ;-) (pic's coming soon!).. I gave her an extra tip!!

So guy's, lets hear it - I'm sure there's a few great stories!

I'll post pic's on Monday.

Michael

P.S. Pardon my writting, I wrote this post on my blackberry
  6. Derwood

Derwood Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oops! Sorry, man. Was a last minute dumbass idea. I guess i did kinda react quickly once i saw you guys coming, which probably was a bit alarming. I actually stood there for about half an hour, wasn't sure how soon after 9am you would be leaving Princess Gates. I was about to give up when all of a sudden you guys appeared behind that truck.

I would have come along but i'd already arranged a ride with a friend before i realized that my street bike would have been okay (my other bike is a WR250, not suitable for long distances). Funnily enough, when i was out on that ride this afternoon I saw a couple of your guys coming back down Mississauga Rd I think. Pretty certain I saw and waved to the 2nd last guy in the pics with the blue and yellow gear on a V-Strom(?) with panniers. I was on a blue Bandit.

Hope you had a great time. If you do another with pavement options I'll definitely go.

Cheers,
    Derek
  7. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place

Oddometer:
    You guys look like the Southern Cruisers heading up the 427.

(posers)

:bubba
  8. Laros

Laros Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Uber, for getting this organized. I think the route was as good as it could have been this early in the season (or with this late a Spring!) - no need to apologize for any of it. The scenery, the twisties, all good!! Next time we might be able to do a little more off road, but this was a great way to start the season.

I, and many others, want to thank you for organizing this. You did a GREAT job.:nod :nod :nod

I did not bring a camara today; looking forward to seeing others' pics!
  9. kahoon

kahoon who's yer daddy??

Oddometer:
    hey L... now that yer smoking again, how about i treat you to a cup of coffee in campbellville tomorrow afterrnoon? :lol3
  10. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place

Oddometer:

Only my smilie smokes. And sometimes my Dunlops. :D

Should be rolling through Campbellville around noonish on the way to Belfountain.
  11. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place

Oddometer:

Sorry K, What I was trying to say, before my computer packed up, was: Will you have time for a ride to Belfountain and a coffee there? Or are you just streaking through Campbellville?

12. kahoon

kahoon who's yer daddy??

Oddometer:
    I may not be able to leave home before 1pm. So how about I drop by Belfountain around 2'ish...

You can show me how your Dunlops smoke :lol3

BTW, be very careful on the forks of the credit road, it was very icy today :eek1
  13. Bart

Bart Constant Lurker

Oddometer:
    Well, I don't know how I missed such a large group. There was 3 of you I believe rode by Timmy's north of Sunset Corners. I waited at the intersection from 9:55 to 10:10 and no sign of anybody so I went to get gas and a coffee. Whoever it was they honked at me and waved. No big deal though, I put on 820km today and just got back about 1/2 hr ago. Pictures to follow. The Saugeen Bluffs were fun the gravel was well packed but the wet secions got a little slick.
  14. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place

Oddometer:

Yeah, thanks for the head's up. "The Forks" are always fun this time of year. Last sunday when it was 1C the ice wasn't such a big surprise...

See you in Belfountain.

:ricky

15. Dru

Dru Hardly an Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Man!

I'm bummed I didn't get to ride the whole route with you guys! But I'm going to take a weekday in a week or two and do the whole thing... On the up-side, our kitchen looks cool! Awesome choice of routes! I'll let you know when I can get out of work to do the "Uber-route"!

Dru
  16. drcool

drcool R.I.P. Dave

Oddometer:
    I don't use smilies very often but I think this is one of those times.
    :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

O man was that ever fun. I don't remember to many times when I've blasted down a back road only to realize that it is solid ice. What a rush!

Thanks Uber for planning the main route. You're a pretty good leader as long as you stay on your wheels.

Thanks Jim for the comradery and picking my sorry DRZ off the ground. The bike is tough as nails but the pilot is feeling a little soft right now. Pain killers are starting to do the job and coolwife is just shakin her head.

I lost count at 35 bikes in Belfountain and only had a chance to meet a few of you. Next time out I'll be sure to check in with some new faces.

http://picasaweb.google.com/hvacdrcool/DRZRack/photo?authkey=eDFqSWNtgbM#5185906038663204754

http://picasaweb.google.com/hvacdrcool/DRZRack/photo?authkey=eDFqSWNtgbM#5185906094497779618

I'm becoming a fan of the 950 although they're not easy to follow.

I was so pumped when we got to Creemore I forgot to take any pics.

Base Borden was a cool diversion and those old planes where cool.

http://picasaweb.google.com/hvacdrcool/DRZRack/photo?authkey=eDFqSWNtgbM#5185906704383135762

I have to check in with someone who would know but I think it's Saber Jet.

http://picasaweb.google.com/hvacdrcool/DRZRack/photo?authkey=eDFqSWNtgbM#5185906790282481714

I found a new licence plate when I got home as well.

http://picasaweb.google.com/hvacdrcool/DRZRack/photo?authkey=eDFqSWNtgbM#5185907232664113346

Cheers guys for a great day.:slurp
  17. PXX

PXX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to say a Quick thank you to Uber for the planning and the open door for anyone to tag along. I just wish I could have tagged along a bit longer. Somehow managed to get as far as hwy. 89 before getting off track (damn flat gps) and ended up back near Orangeville:huh Someday I'll join the 21 century. On the plus side, I saw some great roads and ended up places I probably wouldn't have gone on my own. :D

After the 4 of us who were misplaced decided that we wouldn't make Creemore for lunch, I split for Aurora to have a bite with my Dad. On my way back across # 9 near Schomberg, I passed a muddy GS. Anyone here? It was about 5:30ish

It was good to meet you all and Hope to do this again
  18. NoExit

NoExit NoProblem

Oddometer:
    Let me add my thanks, Uber, for organizing this. Great to meet you all, and I think I finally got my GPS figured out (about an hour after I got home).

Sorry I lost you after the emergency gas stop in Primrose, Fin, Richard, et al. I thought I'd find you in Creemore, but not luck. Hope you had fun.

I have Friday's off, and knobbies on my GSA, if anyone wants to go for ride sometime.

See you in the dirt,

NXNP
  19. Indochine

Indochine 'Bikes are OK, but . . .

Oddometer:
    Hearty thanks to Uber-Moto for shaping the route and booting bums to get folks out on Saturday. it all worked fabuously -- except the part about getting lost (see PXX above, heh,heh) and missing the fab lunch. But frankly, on only four hours sleep, I was cooked and was happy to return home with my mud buddy around 4-ish. Great to meet all you hotshots (I'm a newB) but had loads of fun and really got to like the GS on which I'd only got last November and put 300 km on before putting it into hibernation.

For your entertainment, a few select pix (my inbox is open for bribes. . .:deal):

Looking good at 9 am, my soon to be mud buddy:
    [​IMG]

Yes, dear . . . yes . . .

[​IMG]

Nice day for a chat and ride . . .
    [​IMG]

Sea of helmets . . .

[​IMG]

Sea of bikes . . .

[​IMG]

Who says it isn't a colourful crew . . .

[​IMG]

Fin says so . . .

[​IMG]

Honda vs BMW . . .

[​IMG]

Now, to clean my mud buddy . . . uhh, maybe tomorrow.

:D
  20. Pattman

Pattman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had fun too. Bummer about getting lost from the main group. No worries though; being a dirt virgin it was hard to keep up. I just wish someone would have told me that I was going to get all muddy. My boots are a mess.:D Didn't get a speck on my atomic yellow jacket though.

FYI: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=55482

Looks like there's only one coffee joint in Belfountain now. Blame Garth Turner.

Lornce and Kahoon: Mind if I tag along with you guys today? I'll try not to hold you up with my noobiness.:D

Patt