1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Ontario - Spring Kick-off Ride!!!!!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Ooobah-Moto, Mar 19, 2008.

1. RobbieO

RobbieO Muskokatard

Oddometer:
    Could you guys please change my wife's birthday?
    I'm Jonesing here.......

Have fun on Saturday, and help pick up drcool........he falls alot:lol3
  2. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Best prices I found in Canada is from jc whitney, the auto supply guys from the states, for tkc's. They have a canadian shipping point in fort erie, IIRC.

TKC's
  3. drcool

drcool R.I.P. Dave

Oddometer:
    Ya, don't forget to wish Mrs.RobbieO a Happy Birthday, load the bike in the truck and tell her your just going to town to pick up her present. She'll go for it I'm sure (not). Ride for 12 hours and home for dinner Saturday. Never even know you were gone.

I almost did the same as Alex this afternoon. Roads were great in the country up as far as 22nd sideroad but Off Road was a no go with my tires. There is still a foot of snow on hillsides and in the shade throughout Halton Hills.

When I pulled into a friends driveway in Campbellville on the way home I found corn snow on ice. Ice tires would have been helpful in the backyard. I didn't fall off but I wasn't doing laps on the dirt track. He's got enough snow for sleds and a 500' water crossing in the back yard.

I don't know whether we reached our forecast high today but it was pretty cool out there after an hour on the road. My DRZ doesn't have heated grips so I'm perfecting the placement of my glove and boot heaters. I'll bring extra for those in need.

You'd never guess how pumped I am to go, I think I'm rambling and guess I need a drink.

Uber, I think you are going to have to start a school for old farts and teach us more about this GPS stuff.

see ya
  4. Bart

Bart Constant Lurker

Oddometer:

Not sure if he is willing to come yet. He likes the riding East of here a lot better. I will likely show up at the start, ride part way and go off on my own. Kind of have a personal objective in mind for the day. I do hope to see you there though.
  5. Fin

Fin Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer:
    Sounds good Bart. Looking foreward to it. I'm going to make a point of heading down your way quite a bit this summer so we can make a little more ride time then. :clap :clap :clap

Cheer

Fin
  6. Fin

Fin Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer:
    Dam that's a lot of work Uber. Thanks. I've been playing around with it a bit tonight and the file looks and acts great until I try to move it to my Garmin. Then I get a truncated route message at 7084 Murphy Rd. just south of Borden. All looks great before the DL. Who knows? :norton I'll mess with the tracks and see how that goes.

FYI. I am running the beta of Bobcat on an iMac soooooo? :huh

Cheers

Fin
  7. madmanxwater

madmanxwater Just Ride It!

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info! Is that Canadian pricing or am I missing something?
  8. Ooobah-Moto

Ooobah-Moto Banned

Oddometer:
    As much as I love my Garmin handheld 60cx, it's also quite limited (i.e. Routes limited to 50pts and Tracks limited to 500pts.)<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    You can try opening the route properties and reduce the 438 points of the full-route down to 50pts :arg Or you can create 9 separate routes at 50pts each. I could have tired to initially create the route using 'via-points' at each change in direction/intersection; however, Mapsource's autorouting function would have automatically selected the roads (something I didn't want to happen). Although, I might be missing something here - I'm still trying to wrap my head around the software :pep<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Alas, that's why I prefer tracks, at 500pts each file it's easier to manage. Besides, it allows you to explore the surrounding area's around the track without prompting the device to re-calculate the route (albeit, that function can be disengaged - but it's useful to have active as well;
    :lobby).
  9. RumRunner

RumRunner Sit there, turn that

Oddometer:
    Mike, you need the upgraded model, much mo betta software...

[​IMG]

DW
  10. Fin

Fin Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer:
    Hey Uber

I'm running a 276C and it can handle 3,000 waypoints, 50 routes and 10,000 track points so I don't think that's the issue. It's pretty robust. I'm thinking it's either a bug in the Bobcat beta or... the more likely culprit of different mapping software. I seem to remember a thread somewhere that mentioned something about truncated routes when a file was shared. Can't find it now and don't remember what the solution was. I'm getting similar problems when just loading the tracks and always around the same geographical location. :huh

Here's the quick fix... Follow the leader... :D I think I'll just load the tracks and routes and see what the 276 does with it during the ride. Not like I'm riding through Morocco or something. :lol3 :lol3 :lol3

Anyone else having issues with the file?

Cheers

Fin
  11. Fin

Fin Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer:

So RR? How do you mount that thing...? :D
  12. Ooobah-Moto

Ooobah-Moto Banned

Oddometer:
    Or I could try mounting every friggen GPS I can get my hands on!!!!

Attached Files:

13. Ooobah-Moto

Ooobah-Moto Banned

Oddometer:
    Fin, the 276c has a maximum allowance of 300 points per route!
    <small>"Stores up to 3,000 user waypoints, 50 reversible routes (300 waypoints per route)"
    http://www.gpsmart.ca/item1015.htm
    </small>
    Since the route I created has 438 pionts - probably explains why you're truncating near Borden (at 300pts!?). See attached, I split the route into two files (under 200pts each) - should work for you.

Oh... and the reason your TRACKS are truncating.... when you load the tracks into your Garmin... it also downloads the FULL-TRACK in addtion to Parts 1-3. Delete only the FULL-TRACK from your device and leave Parts 1-3 and you will not have a truncation issue. BTW... I've never heard of truncation being a result of sharing maps, as far as I'm concerned, it only has to do with the different number of points different units accept in their routes and tracks (i.e 276c can hold a lot more than my 60cx).

I don't mind coming over tonight to help you out - afterall, you're only 5mins away.

<small>

</small>

Attached Files:

14. Drif10

Oddometer:
    You said that last year too.

Did we ever hear from you?

Nooooo...

Bitch.
  15. Fin

Fin Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer:

Ahhh Driffy misses me... :lol3 :lol3 :lol3
  16. Fin

Fin Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer:
    Dayum! Ya just gave me a lesson on my own GPS. :rofl :rofl :rofl I had my head so wrapped into the Bobcat that I didn't even look at the number of points. I assumed the 3,000 user points was the same thing. Duh yup duh... That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :deal

Thanks Uber.

Fin
  17. Fin

Fin Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer:
    Slick work Uber. You just found a hole in Bobcat. There's no way to check the number of points unless you look into the route info and count them one by one. I'll send an email of to Garmin. Makes me want to boot up Paralells and run mapsource instead.

Thanks again.

Fin
  18. Drif10

Oddometer:
    Hard to miss what you never see...:evil

Anti-social pig.
  19. Fin

Fin Kahoon's my daddy!

Oddometer:
    :lol3 :lol3 :lol3

OK you have me there. :D You're sounding like my mother. Must be a Wooler thing. :huh
  20. Drif10

Oddometer:
    What she got to bitch about?

You at least came up to see her...

I thought we had something special. :ddog