1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

OnX Hunt

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by Addapost, May 19, 2020.

1. Addapost

Addapost Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did a search, nothing recent showed up. Does anyone have any experience with the gps App OnX Hunt. My understanding is that it tells you the nature of the ownership status of the land you are on or interested in passing through. I guess it's main use is for hunting- so you know exactly who owns or under what government agency the land is managed. It seems this could be useful for riding as well. I often find off-road tracks that might be a few years old and ownership may have changed or they might have been created with ignorance of whose land they passed over. From the little I know it seems like this might be useful for staying out of trouble or even locating areas that CAN be used by bikes. Thanks.
  2. wbbnm

wbbnm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know nothing about it. But I know the comparable information maps available for Garmin units are pretty pricey at nearly $100/state.

I would be very interested if the app was any good and maps were reasonably priced.
  3. Hohmie

Hohmie Long timer

Oddometer:
    They also have on x offroad, I can't link it at the moment but, I'm going to try it on an iPad for my truck here soon, I have been using Osmand and Giai, it looks pretty good.
  4. Jw Johnson

Jw Johnson Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have On X hunt on a Garmin Oregon I use for hunting. It does everything as advertised. Mine also shows some disbursed camping locations, private property boundaries, streams, small trails etc. I think it’s a fine program, but not cheap. Very detailed and accurate.
  5. DRZ RIDER

DRZ RIDER Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  6. Rover31

Rover31 Jedi

Oddometer:
    Have it and use it and like it.
    However the tracks are proprietary to OnX.
    As much as I like it I will be switching to an “app” that allows sharing in a more common file
    Right now looking at Maprika and Avenza as unfortunately MotionX is gone.