Open Sourcing Roadbook Creation: Introducing the tulip project.

Discussion in 'Racing' started by VxZeroKnots, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Bjmotox

Bjmotox Brendan Crow

Oddometer:
    I assume this is a question within Tulip itself?
    If you have one roadbook open in tulip, and then 'open' another one it should append it to the end of what you already had open. I don't know that this works with GPX files though... I think it already has to be a created roadbook (TLP file). I do not know for sure though.
    rides2little and VxZeroKnots like this.
  2. MotoMinded

MotoMinded Rally On Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    http://rideleader.com/
    ZachM1 likes this.
  3. rides2little

rides2little Braaaaaap Supporter

Oddometer:
    Read the manual! It is near the end. :amazon

Basics are: Create two tulip files. They don't have to be built out roadbooks but it works well that way too, import your respective GPX files independently and save as their own roadbooks. You MUST choose 'New Roadbook' between doing the imports.

Open the one you want as the first part of the final road book. Now just 'Open Roadbook' to insert the second part. It will connect the last point of the first file with the first point of the second file in a straight line, edit as needed. "Save As" a new file name or you will inadvertently overwrite one of the original files and be Fk'd and have to start over.

If you choose Open Roadbook at anytime that you don't have an empty map/roadbook it will join the two files. To start clean you need to click 'New Roadbook' to clear the screen and tulips and then 'Open Roadbook' command.
  4. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    Yep - I use the R2L approach all of the time. Just did it last week actually.
  5. babar69

babar69 Stay light as light

Oddometer:
    I'm more than late on this topic, but many thanks. I used RN, paid a licence, but it's a no way as you can't keep your files on your computer and are locked with the RN server... A total regression we see in so many softwares and subscriptions now. When PC started, and hard drive capacities raised, we were so happy to finally be on our own. Now all is online depending of data connexion A pity , i'm not the one to complain about present and laments about past, but in this case, it' a real regression.... Still we can use offline maps for navigation, but I guess that when phone wil be covered by satellites everywhere, we will too loose this opportunity ....
    dazzadm likes this.
  6. babar69

babar69 Stay light as light

Oddometer:
    BTW is there any direct undo/redo option ?
  7. rides2little

Oddometer:
    no there isn't an undo/redo option.
    640 Armageddon likes this.
  8. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    save a lot
    dazzadm and rides2little like this.
  9. Happy Dave

Happy Dave Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ever have an issue where inputting instructions in the rightside box, hitting the blue save icon and the instructions dont save?
  10. rides2little

Oddometer:
    Only when haven't exited one of the earlier tulips correctly. You HAVE to click the red X to 'close the palette' or poop goes sideways.
    ZachM1 likes this.
  11. Happy Dave

Happy Dave Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you
    Total brain fade. Got it.
    rides2little likes this.