OR BCDR Rt 6

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by Countdown, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone have Tracks?
  2. REB-ADV

REB-ADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. Countdown

Countdown Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there a gpx version somewhere?
  4. REB-ADV

REB-ADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm on the road. When I get home I'll check. I think I converted the kml file to a gpx but it is on my Garmin. I'll post it if I have it.
  5. REB-ADV

REB-ADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Road closure designed to block even motorcycles out past Soup Creek. Not marked on this gpx file.

Attached Files:

6. SFC_Ren

SFC_Ren Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you mind describing the closure better? Gated? Do you mean "motorcycles" because I ride a crf250 not much but cliffs and gates between cliffs or maybe large concrete blocks really block stuff off. haha
  7. REB-ADV

REB-ADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think you could get a CR around it. Also probably road detour you could figure out. It's worse than it looks in the pic.

Attached Files:

8. SFC_Ren

SFC_Ren Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks for the picture yeah looks like its easy enough to get around. You'd think if there was a washout or something they would block the road close enough to the damaged area to see what the problem was just to prevent curious people like me from wanting to see whats on the other side. I was thinking of making a route 6 trip and then back up the coast one of these weekends but then again maybe not.
    REB-ADV likes this.
  9. REB-ADV

REB-ADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks easy to go around in the picture but it's deceiving. The grass drops off steeply but you could do it. I could have gotten the 1190 around but it was a risk and I could picture it tumbling down the hillside and my wife was with me. I plotted a route around this to make up my own rt 6 version but haven't had a chance to test. I would like to skip all the long mossy old paved sections out Soup Creek and find all dirt and gravel options. That wet mossy pavement is not that much fun mile after mile. If it was gravel you could go faster. Drop me a note if you ever do decide to do that ride. I live just off rt 6 and know much of the Elliot and surrounding areas very well. I am starting to explore farther now that I have 6 gallons of gas.

Used to ride a CRF 450 out there for years.....with access from my backyard which has since been shutdown by a left leaning property owner from out of state who has never been out there to see the 80 year old trails and roads that had always been open. Still annoys me to think about it....oh well it's his land and that old access I had would have been nearly impossible on the 1190.
    SFC_Ren likes this.