Oregon Brown's Camp

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by JUIJITSU, May 11, 2002.

1. JUIJITSU

JUIJITSU FACTOTUM

Oddometer:
    I went riding today in an offroad park in Oregon at a place near Portland called Brown's camp. Im sure many of the locals have heard of it, but I never went so I decided to check it out. I got my off road permit for $10.00 and I was on my way. 20,000 acres and about 50 Miles of trails. I took some lame photos but I will include them. I was running T66 tires with about 20psi front and 25 rear. I took along my little COSTCO batt air pump. The tires held up ok. I think TKC -80's would be a better choice but the T66's suprised me on the rocks and trail. The wet mud parts were hang on feet out to the side time. I was lucky today as I didn't drop it once. Some close calls. This machine has got some Torque may dear fellows.OOHVA
  2. JUIJITSU

JUIJITSU FACTOTUM

Oddometer:
    Another
  3. JUIJITSU

JUIJITSU FACTOTUM

Oddometer:
    Nice focus and quality
  4. Tracker

Tracker Guest

Man it looks dry at Browns camp, I've ridden a couple of ISDE events there, but it was knee deep in mud slicker than monkey snot! Some of the down hill single tracks were so slick you had to bounce off the trees to turn.. A good rider from California that was on my minute, was heard saying "How the Fuck you ride this shit" I told him we NW riders just have mud in our blood---Arrgh !
  5. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Enjoying the ride

Oddometer:
    And a come-along in our saddle bags for when the Big Boy GS gets stuck. This ain't no wimpy DS thumper. Spent 45 minutes draging my GS out of mud hole about 20 miles north of Browns camp on Saturday.

Patrick