Oshkosh riding?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by MrBob, May 4, 2021.

1. MrBob

MrBob Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll be working in Oshkosh for a while and have my CB1100 with me. I don't know the area well and would appreciate tips on good roads. Over the years, I have done quite a bit of riding in the Mississippi Valley and the Driftless area.
  2. VeryBumpy

VeryBumpy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    MrBob likes this.
  3. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
  4. C Squared

C Squared Now without TURBO! Supporter

Oddometer:
    How long are you here? Bunch of us in the area. Sometimes just wandering backroads without a plan works around here.
    I bet Papa Lobster would take you on a sunset pontoon ride out of Fond du Lac. TJ's has a nice outside patio on the lake with decent food . On 45v S of Osh-Town.
  5. MrBob

MrBob Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks. My friend says TJ's has fabulous food.
  6. C Squared

Oddometer:
    So, how long are you here? We are pleasant folk to meet with most days.
    And, why are you here? Type of work.
  7. MrBob

MrBob Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a handyman/remodeling business and have clients in different parts of the country. I just completed 16 months of work in Tallahassee and now my client in Oshkosh needs to have her 100 year old front porch replaced. I trailered my CB 1100 from Florida and I've already been out exploring country roads. I also have my sea kayak and would love to get into the water soon. As always, I'm interested in good places to eat.
  8. C Squared

Oddometer:
    Well, one guy goes fishing a bunch. Another pontoons alot. I'd meet for beverage and food.
  9. 2000RSV

2000RSV Go Fast, Go Long Supporter

Oddometer:
    Agree with C^2. Give us a heads up when you have some time and we can work out riding around and eating.

BTW - Parnell's bar on the southside of Oshkosh has fabulous broasted chicken for almost no money.

Also, if you need a shop to do some maintenance, there are a couple well equipped folks around here.
  10. MrBob

MrBob Long timer

Oddometer:
    My friend brought home awesome broasted chicken recently from, I think she said, the Hotel Freemont?
  11. MrBob

MrBob Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm not real far from needing a back tire. I noticed that Cycle Gear was doing a steady tire mounting business, but I don't know of anyplace closer.
  12. 2000RSV

2000RSV Go Fast, Go Long Supporter

Oddometer:
    The closest Cycle Gear is in Madison or Brookfield (west of Milwaukee). I have a HF tire machine and balancer if you want to give it a go. Order a tire on line and have it shipped here if you want.

There is also a good independent shop on the north side of FDL that will mount and balance a tire (removed from bike) for something like $30. They do an decent job with a quick turnaround. Don't know of any indy shops in Oshkosh but I'm sure there are some there.
  13. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    For tires near Osh, best place to get sorted is Metro Motorcyles in Neenah. Andy has the best prices around. The can mount and balance as well.

West side of the lake for riding is a lot like rural FL. Flat and grid pattern road.

Food. Chester Vs over by Oshkosh truck. Dublins has decent Irish pub food. Pete's Garage for a burger. If you have a sweet tooth, Oaks and Hugh's chocolates. Manilla has good Asian food. Downtown Gardinas. Don't eat the chili dogs at Bob's Trail End if you value your colon.
    2000RSV likes this.