OsmAnd

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by drp, Jul 7, 2019.

1. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    I run it on a Ulefone Armor X5 just fine
  2. Vanilo Petrucci

Vanilo Petrucci Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There hasn't been an Android update lately, has there? I can't remember any. I just don't get what could be wrong.
    I get this screen when I open Osmand:
    Screenshot_20200830-124859.png

It says (in Dutch) "The version of index "World_basemap.obf" is not supported."
    Do I maybe have to download the maps from somewhere else instead from within the app?
    Or can you choose/change the map format?
  3. flamingm0e

flamingm0e Long timer

Oddometer:
    There hasn't been an update since June it looks like. You don't download the maps elsewhere. Have you deleted the world map and tried redownload it in the app?
  4. Vanilo Petrucci

Vanilo Petrucci Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, several times... Not just the world map, I get this message with every map I download.

But I'm more and more convinced it's my phone that is causing the problem: I started to look into Osmand after Guru gave me trouble (maps that would only show partially with very poor zooming) thinking the latter had a bug somewhere. Putting these two together I don't know if I can call this coincidence.
  5. drp

drp Adventurer

Oddometer:

Asshole
  6. petertakov

petertakov Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :-))))) WOW, that took you a while and some serious brain power to come up with this but it was totally worth it! Now go and put this big brain to rest for another few months to avoid burn-out.