OSO LOCO!! KTM 990s attack Colorado, Utah, and the best of the TAT

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by LittleWan, Aug 21, 2013.

?

What did the Osos do after Lica's hit in Hell's Gate?

Poll closed Jan 7, 2018.
  1. Hit the 911 button on Lica's spot and waited for search and rescue

8 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. Called Radek's cop buddy and got a TOY 4x4 extraction

22 vote(s)
    5.5%
  3. What's the problem? He rode out with one hand and no throttle - OSO!!!

88 vote(s)
    22.1%
  4. With the engineering flow chart, WD-40 and duct tape - trail repair, baby!

135 vote(s)
    33.9%
  5. Flagged down a tour jeep and put the bike in the back with some French tourists

41 vote(s)
    10.3%
  6. This is just a ploy to buy time and still act like you're working on the report, isn't it?

128 vote(s)
    32.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. gearheadE30

gearheadE30 @LC8Adventures Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've thought about a modern trials bike, but the TY350's abilities are so far above my own that I'm sticking it out. It's one of the later monoshock bikes and rides surprisingly similarly to a modern bike, just with an extra 20 lbs and really crappy brakes. :lol3

Looks like an awesome event, and I'll definitely let you know next time I'm in the area!
  2. dvwalker

dvwalker Working to ride

Oddometer:
    My only exposure to trials was way way back in Goldendale Washington and as luck would have it the FIM Worldchampionship trials was going on. This was back when Lampkin and Colomer were dominating trails.

Needless to say, I dropped everything, as littlewan would say DO IT, so I spent the entire day crawling over rocks to watch the lead pack of riders. I fell in love with trials very up close and personal that day. Was amazing to watch Lampkin analyze a line and the connection with his spotter. He was the only rider to be able to launch into the vertical high heavens and clean all the sections. As a comparison of skill, non of the american riders, including Geoff Aaron, were able to clean any of the sections, Euro riders were, and I think still are, on an entire different level.
  3. motowest

motowest Two-wheeled Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just finished the whole report... whew! Glad it's still up for everyone to see.

Big thanks for taking the time to post it and share!!!