OT: Track Day - IL

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by skadamo, Dec 13, 2004.

1. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    Hey, just signed up for a free track day on this site...

https://www.nesba.com/default.aspx

Who knows, it might be an adventure. :thumb Anyone whos interested sign up. maybe we can get a group of us together. i hear these are good for building skills.
  2. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:

when and where?

any restrictions?
    sounds interesting allway nice to have a safe place to push the comfort zone a little more
  3. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    Most likely in Rockton, IL ... http://www.blackhawkfarms.com/

I'll do more research on restrictions. The guy who told me about it said for the free sessions you don't have to safety wire your bike so its probably pretty lax...
  4. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    Here is some info from the site...

"Intro : This free, trial level was created for the street rider not sure about signing up for a full day of riding. The Intro level receives the Beginner classroom session and has access to the track for two 15-20 minute Beginner sessions in the morning rotation. There is no bike preparation requirement; however, participants will be required to pass tech inspection."

You have to tape your headlight and disconnect your brake light. they give you some classroom orientation and lessons. 40 minutes of track time seems short but should still be interesting...
  5. kfsinc

kfsinc Chaingolian Observer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in!

The track at Blackhawk is very cool! Just the right size for bikes with some nice tight turns.

Another fun trip is the Superbike races at Road America in June. I expect I'll be there again this year. They let you ride the infield so you can see different parts of the track. At noon they let bikes out for a lap or two -- very controlled, but worth the $25.

kfs
  6. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    :thumb Sign up!

The AMA races at road america is a great time! It used to be a yearly thing for us. I'm going for sure this year. never rode the track though. Ever stay at the campground across the street? That place starts to rage as soon as the race is over. The beers come out, the front wheels go up, the shirts go up, the plywood comes out and the oil gets poured on, every poser and thier momma does burnouts and revs thier bikes to the limiter in neutral until the sun comes up. then the real fun starts:D its a good show.